[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 2 - Shin-Fuji

DAY 2

Mt Fuji Backpackers Nasubi > Fuji Station > Shin-Fuji Station > Tagonoura Port 田子の浦港Tagonoura Port Park ふじのくに田子の浦みなと公園 > Central Park から中央公園 > Shin-Fuji Station

1. Mt Fuji Backpackers Nasubi > Fuji Station

Sunrise was really early in Japan; I forgot to put down the bind the previous night, thus I could feel the sunlight beaming into the room around 4am! Yes, 4AM!

I was feeling lazy, so I continue on sleeping with the strong beam, till 7-8am I gave up my sleep. And I saw the impressive view right outside my window. MOUNT FUJI!
I hearsay I am rather lucky, as the previous few days it was raining like cats and dogs, so many people did not manage to see a clear Mt Fuji view. Appreciated.

Washed up and prepared myself for a walk around the small town. So peaceful and calm. And the houses totally like what I always see in cartoons.

So I walked to Fuji Station, just 15-20mins slow walk. And I saw a bakery, decided to grab abit of breakfast.
VIE DE FRANCE, http://www.viedefrance.co.jp/
1-1 Honchō Fuji-shi, Shizuoka-ken (JR Fuji Station)
Their Milk Tea wasnt sweet, there was sweeter at the side counter, but I'm abit lazy to walk over to get it. Still drinkable anyway. My phone camera was not doing justice to their Matcha Croissant. So I tried with another camera and I'm satisfied with the result!
The Matcha Croissant isn't that bad afterall. Happy Breakfast!

Walk around the surroundings of Fuji Station. It has a much clearer view of Mt Fuji!

And of course very pretty drawings on the ground.

2. Shin-Fuji Station > Tagonoura Port 田子の浦港

I was about to check-out, and the host asked me whether I have any plans of the day. Apparently I have no plans, and all I have to do was to teleport myself to Osaka by the end of the day.

So he recommended me to do cycling around Shin-Fuji since the weather was so good!

Thus, I took his car with the group of Netherlands travelers to Shin-Fuji Station.
NASUBI Mt. Fuji Backpackershttps://www.facebook.com/NASUBI-MtFuji-Backpackers-976479262408804/
I did not even reach their shoulders HAHAHAHAHA!

There was this tourist counter over at Shin-Fuji Station where you can request for a free bicycle.

The people over there the tourist counter were super friendly, and one of the counter lady recommended me to try out these foods. Very bad lighting, but apparently most of them looks like raw seafood which I can't try due to weak stomach. But the price looks reasonable 650-850yen, which is only S$7-11.

Happy me with the free bicycle! And the pretty blue skies! (I love this shade of blue!)

After some struggle with the map printed by the tourist counter, I manage to find Tagonoura Port 田子の浦港!
I did not went in to take a look at the raw seafood, cause I can't have them anyway. No point going in and brood over them.


3. Tagonoura Port 田子の浦港 > Tagonoura Port Park ふじのくに田子の浦みなと公園

Rode for another few minutes and I have reached Tagonoura Port Park ふじのくに田子の浦みなと公園.

Pretty awesome view!

And I got lost in such a beautiful place. I asked a couple of joggers, they could not show me the direction I wanted to go. So I decided to try my luck and just randomly cycled. Then an old lady with her dog approached me. I think I had a really lost face. But I can't speak Japanese, either can she speak English. We communicated with body language, amazing.
She cant give me the correct directions, so she helped me to ask around for directions. And there was this delivery guy offered to help me. He drove his motorcycle at a speed 10-15km/h so that my bicycle could catch up with him. SO NICE :')

In debt with all the nice people who helped me in Shin-Fuji.

4. Tagonoura Port Park ふじのくに田子の浦みなと公園 > Central Park から中央公園 > Shin-Fuji Station

I cycled to the mobile shop for assistance on my SIM Card, and magically it started working. Nobody knows how did it worked, but I was glad to have data on my phone, so I wont got lost since I have googlemap access.

Back to my hostel, and my host offered to drive the bicycle back to Shin-Fuji Station. Before that we stopped over at Central Park から中央公園 to take a look at the roses.

Roses with Mt Fuji in the background, artistic view!

Had a great time talking with my host about his dreams, life and etc, he is a really superb host!

As promised, he dropped me off at Shin-Fuji and assisted me to return the bicycle to the tourist counter.
I love this town really much, I hope to be back there again.

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 1 - Shin-Fuji
>> Next Post: [Solo JP] DAY 2 - Osaka

Comments

  1. Kazu, NASUBI Mt. Fuji Backpackers :)October 15, 2016 at 6:08 PM

    Thank you for having stayed here !!
    We are looking forward to that you come back here one day !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kazu!

      Much appreciated for all your help during my stay, you're a great host! Hope to be back soon!!! (:

      -XY

      Delete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts