[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Tunghai University & Gaomei Wetlands

Tunghai University & Gaomei Wetlands!

To travel to Gaomei Wetlands by public transport is rather easy. From Taichung Train Station, just hop on the bus #309!

If you are travelling to Gaomei Wetlands during the weekends, there is a bus #655 that goes Gaomei Wetlands from the Taichung HSR!

Bus Route #309

I have circled up the possible places you can plan to go with bus #309, it will be like a day trip!
(1) Taichung Train Station 臺中車站
(2) Far Eastern/Shin Kong Department Stores & Maple Garden 新光/遠百 & 秋紅谷
(3) Tunghai University 東海大學
(4) Providence University Station 靜宜大學 (for the night market!)
(5) Gaomei Wetland 高美濕地
Taichung Bus #309http://www.tcbus.com.tw/image/lineimage.php?imagetest=309

But for this post, I would only be doing (3) & (5)! For (2), you may visit my previous post [Backpack TW] Part 15 - Taichung!


Tunghai University (Luce Memorial Chapel)
東海大學 (路思義教堂)

Luce Memorial Chapel 東海大學https://www.thu.edu.tw/;
No. 1727, Section 4, Taiwan Boulevard, Xitun District, Taichung City

I wanted to visit this place ever since my last solo trip, I stayed super near the university but never had the chance to explore!


Gaomei Wetland 高美濕地

Everyone seems to visit Gaomei Wetland during their Taichung trip, but I NEVER WENT BEFORE! Based on Taiwan blogs, they recommend to alight at the No 18 Wind Turbines (18號風車)! So you can have a good view of all the wind turbines and slowly walk over to the wetlands using the bridge.
Gaomei Wetland 高美濕地http://www.gaomei.com.tw/


After some walk, I finally get to see the entrance to the wetland!

So patiently waited for the sunset, the sky was rather cloudy that day, no impressive sunset view!

Left before the sky really turns super dark, back to the No. 18 bus stop! Thankfully there were other people, otherwise I would have felt super uncomfortable! (I think I hopped onto the second last bus, phew~)

Comments

Trending Posts