[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Food P5

Part 5 of my food journey! No fixed locations!

1. [大橋頭] Cash City 錢都日式涮涮鍋(延平店)

Would not recommend if you like to have a meal over at this chain store. Maybe is just the problem of this outlet? Anyway, there was this dead housefly in the bowl on the table, the bowl was supposed to contain our food and etc. Next the utensils was really dirty, stains of previous users' food and etc. I am glad I survived through the meal and did not have any upset stomach after that.
Cash City 錢都日式涮涮鍋; 103, Taiwan台北市大同區延平北路三段94號, www.cashcity.com.tw

2. [行天宮] 巧味溫州大餛飩

 
^^Exit from EXIT3

 
^^Follow the directions to the temple

 
^^行天宮

This shop is located opposite the temple, just cross the street will do. Their homemade chili sauce goes well with all their food. Love the spiciness of the chili. Ordered their 大餛飩 soup and fried rice. I would say, the chili is the main highlight of the whole meal, hahaha!
巧味溫州大餛飩; 104, Taiwan, 台北市中山區民權東路二段132號

3. [桃園] PONDEROSA 龐德羅莎(台茂店)

I went for their salad bar buffet, there were a wide range and the food was so good that I had a lot of rounds. Their salad bar offers spaghetti, soup, bread, salad, fries, kimchi and many others. And they do topup or add in new dishes quite often. Love it so much, best salad bar I had ever! And my Taiwanese friends told me they have been operating since 10-20 years back! They have outlets at Taipei so no worries that you have to travel to Taoyuan to get this good food!
PONDEROSA 龐德羅莎; 338 桃園縣蘆竹鄉南崁路一段112號(台茂購物中心6樓), www.ponderosa.com.tw/

 

3. [內湖] 亞坤 Ya Kun Kaya Toast(總店)

For Singaporean that staying for a long period of time and misses Singapore's traditional breakfast. Just some tip, please do not trust google that there are other branches; Ya Kun outlet closing rate at Taiwan is really high. We traveled to 2 other "branches" and realised it was not there anymore. So out of frustration, we decided not to attempt the other so-called branches and just head right to the main branch. Taste wise, it very close to Singapore favour, just that I dont understand why the set comes with some jelly as dessert. And the hilarious part was, the staff was so enthusiastic and she taught us how to eat this meal in Singaporean style, lol I am a Singaporean lah.
亞坤咖啡店; 114, Taiwan, Taipei City, Neihu District, 瑞光路478巷18弄34號, www.yakun.com.tw

 

4. [劍南] Toastbox 土司工坊 (oultet: 大食代@大直旗艦店)

I guess this is more for Singaporean like us that miss home hawker food badly. Laska, chicken curry etc, toastbox has almost all the popular Singapore dishes. Taste wise... not that bad to stop our craving for hawker food temporary.
土司工坊 -大食代@大直旗艦店; 台北市中山區樂群三路218號1F, http://www.foodrepublic.com.tw/stores/大食代@大直旗艦店%28美麗華摩天輪旁%29

5. [公館] NTU Campus 台灣大學

 
^^One of their more popular canteen 小小福?

I tried their Curry Chicken Rice and the famous Fried Chicken (姐妹花雞排). The Curry Chicken Rice was not that bad and the serving was just right, but I must admit that I paid NT$1-2 less, because they had this system that every plastic spoon you take you have to pay, but I did not see that notice and happily took a spoon for free, I only realise that after I finished my meal. Oops! Anyway, the fried chicken was good, even better than the famous 豪大大雞排 or any popular fried chicken from the night market. Highly recommend!
小小福; 台北市羅斯福路四段一號, http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntumeals/restaurant_info/07-33.htm

6. [台中] 洪瑞珍三明治

Bought by my Taiwanese friend and claimed to be the best sandwich in Taiwan... The sandwich were very special, in the sense that it was sweet but naturally sweet and there was something like whipped cream that made the sandwich abit puffy. It's worth the try!
洪瑞珍三明治, www.22268127.com; No. 125之2號, Zhōngshān Rd, Zhong District, Taichung City, Taiwan 400

Comments

Trending Posts