[DE; 2019] Solo Series | Hotel Cristall @ Frankfurt am Main


It was my first time and solo trip to Europe - and I visited Frankfurt, Germany!

I decided not to stay in hostel - as that was an overlay from a work trip. I foresee I should be lugging tons of work stuffs with me. To be a considered traveller, I booked a single room!

It was a tough search - hotels are rather pricey in Frankfurt for single occupation. Finally settled with Hotel Cristall, because I liked the white building with blue signboard colour combination. Yes, that's simple.

Hotel Cristall
Address
: Ottostraße 3, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Google Map)
https://hotelcristall.com/
$101/night

It is just right beside the main train station - which is within 1-2 minutes walk even with huge over-weighting luggage!

It was really nice of them to provide a welcome drink - a bottle of water & either red or white wine. The wine was the best for such a hot summer!


The room has a set of instructions and useful information - which I realised they sells discounted 2 days subway ticket which I can even use to take the train to the airport!


Room tour! (Other than the strange green & black carpets, nothing much to pick on!)


& they even placed the famous Germany gummy bear on the bed as snacks! 


I had a nice window view which able to spot the sunrise in the morning! (& yes the building at the right is the main train station - how near it is!)


The hotel staff were friendly and nice to chat even though they weren't good in fluent English. But they make an effort to understand and meet your needs. Just something I didn't like - was the short flights of stairs to the main door and lifts, it was tough dragging it up with my luggage. If there were ramps, it would make a great difference!

I did quite a lot of homework on the main station area - just caution that there is a red light district. If you're someone like me who are uncomfortable about it (as a solo female traveler, it will be good to stay away), I would say Hotel Cristall is a good choice. Away from the noisy parts of the city, yet near to all the transits.

If I'm coming back Frankfurt and there isn't any better/new hotel that can beat Hotel Cristall in terms of review and location - I'm definitely staying with them again.

Comments

Trending Posts