[TW; 2023] Day 2 - Longshan Temple & Taipei Underground Malls

Day 2

Breakfast @ Taipei Main Station

八芳早餐
This is a traditional breakfast store located near Taipei Main Station, which sells my favourite breakfast item... Danbing (蛋餅) - also known as egg pancake or rolled egg crepe.

3 of us and we ordered a spread of Danbing - from meat floss to ham to cheese and many many more! Not the best Danbing I ever had, but definitely the widest spread I had!

Bangka Longshan Temple 艋舺龍山寺

Bangka Longshan Temple 艋舺龍山寺

This temple is one of my must go almost every singly time I travel to Taiwan. If you want to learn more about the Longshan Temple area, please refer the following blog posts:
Dingtop1 Tempura 頂級甜不辣
My favourite tempura in the whole Taiwan island!
It still taste as amazing as it should be :) Everything was very chewy and the sauce was just right.

Shopping @ East Metro Mall 東區地下街

Day 2 I had an ambitious plan to visit 3 underground malls in Taipei. So the first stop is East Metro Mall 東區地下街 - which is between metro station Zhongxiao Fuxing 忠孝復興 & Zhongxiao Dunhua 忠孝敦化.

PG美人網 捷運忠孝敦化店
Around 10 years ago, PG bags were one of the popular blog shop in Taiwan. It was really interesting to see how they transform their business to sell more like "merchandise" collaboration bags.

And yes, I got a bag of loots for my sister :)
I went around a couple of shops which I didn't take any photos of it. Also went out of the underground mall for some rounds of shopping. It was a good shopping time since it was a weekday!

Zhongshan Metro Mall 中山地下街

Zhongshan underground mall is between 3 stations: Shuanglian 雙連 to Zhongshan 中山 to Taipei Main Station 台北車站. When I visited it in April 2023, partial of the underground mall has been closed for renovation. Only the bookstore street Shuanglian 雙連 to Zhongshan 中山 was operating.

Eslite R79 Store 誠品書店 R79

The Eslite bookstore is probably the longest in length I ever visited, it was an never-ending stretch!

Shopping @ Taipei Main Station Underground Mall 臺北車站地下街

The underground mall that I always shop around Taipei Main Station is the K zone. The zone is divided into 2 parts - one part is selling shoes & clothes, and the other is the Gashapon (扭蛋).

Shoe / Clothes zone:
You can get good quality made in Taiwan shoes at affordable price!

Gashapon (扭蛋) zone:
Don't underestimate these machines - if you are really into gashapon you can spend 3-4 hours just walking around the different shops browsing through all the machines they have. Remember to bring cash as they don't accept cards!

Dinner @ Ximending

Decided to give a fanciful hotpot a try!
God Guo Hot Pot Taipei Ximen Branch 尬鍋 台式潮鍋 台北西門店
We went close to 10pm and they were still operating! Loved their branding design.
The range of side dishes you can add into your hotpot.

We got a set meal and the presentation was great! It was quite a good meal - recommended and it wasn't very pricey.

Checked-in @ 日野苑 Hinoen hotel

Moved out of the small room and checked in to a hotel near Taipei Main Station!
日野苑 Hinoen hotel
The room was not super big, but decent space to throw things around.
One of the best thing of this hotel was... there is a washing machine and dryer that is free to use! This is very rare - which was really great for me as I was traveling for some time (including my work trip), so I have tons of dirty clothes packed in my luggage.


This marks my day 2 in Taipei, more adventures to come next!

Comments

Trending Posts