[FI; 2022] Day 3 Part 2 | Suomenlinna

Suomenlinna was something I googled, but it wasn't on my list to go the very last moment! This is a must go if you are at Helsinki!
How to get there - ferry!
PS: If you get the day pass which covers this area (zone A), it is a zero cost ferry ride!
Pretty view on the way to the island:

Welcome to Suomenlinna!

It is quite a big area to walk - I suggest to spend 3 hours over here. Best timing to come 2-3 hours before sunset.

Ferries are operating almost every possible hour (until midnight 2 am!)

I followed the official walk trail, so here are some photos on the way:

There were many small paths that diverts you from the main path - which will still bring you back to the main path. No worries about getting lost!

Midway there is a Museum / Shop - there guided tours are available at certain timings.

After walking pass the museum - everything is magical~ maybe due to the golden hour too!

Loved everything in sight, even the bricks with autumn vibes!

Suomenlinna is an 18th-century sea fortress, hence you will see old aged weapons along the route.

The route I'm taking was heading towards the Royal Gate, and I was so amazed by the sunset. It gave a different vibe - it feels like a painting right infront of me.

Every path was an amazing view of everything, truly lives its title of being one of the largest sea fortresses in the world.

Suomenlinna is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, hence there so much to see! I would recommend to go for a guided tour, so you will know more about the real history behind everything you see.

Houses were pretty cute in lovely colours!

There were 2 areas of the island, so headed back to the ferry terminal and took the right side of the path and crossed the bridge. Hence I recommend coming 2-3 hours before the sunset, so you can complete the smaller areas (Pikku-Musta & Lansi-Musta) of the island before heading over to the main. It wasn't very well lit on the other side and less crowded, therefore day time will be good. 

The paths over here were more up slope; compared to the main area that was generally more flat smooth routes.

This smaller area feels like a secret hideout place, I didn't continue further as it was getting dark. Quite a pity I feel :(

Finally goodbye to Suomenlinna, Helsinki & Finland!

This marks the end of my mini Finland trip :)

Comments

Trending Posts