[HK; 2022] Mira Moon & Surrounding Eateries

I went Hong Kong when quarantine was still required (it was the mid-strict regulations); I had to do my PCR throat swab twice and etc. Now this feels like ages wasn't it - too much travel backlogs that I'm only share this experience months after the trip to Hong Kong!

Anyway, this post will be sharing a little more on the hotel I stayed and the different food I had during my "quarantine" and non-quarantine days around the hotel area. Hopefully it will be handy for you :)

How to get to Mira Moon?

The hotel I stayed was Mira Moon - it was located in Wan Chai. Using google and factoring in some time & money. This was the route I took: Airport Train to Hong Kong station, from there Taxi to hotel.
Airport to Hong Kong: $115 HKD
The octopus card wasn't working (it got deactivated over covid times, and I saw the train was coming, so I just bought single ticket). If you had some time, just pop by the counter and they can reactivate your octopus card within minutes for a small fee.

It was a very comfortable ride and not many people taking the train back then.


The lesson I learnt in Hong Kong station was... don't attempt to take an Uber if you have large/many luggage. The Uber pickup point was pretty far away that I gave up and turned back to the basement to take the taxi. The taxi driver did a good job in driving; it was cheaper than Uber and he knows all the shortcuts that we reached the hotel faster than google's recommended route!

How does the hotel looks like?

388 Jaffe Rd, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
The hotel doesn't have any obvious signage - just this signage that was partially blocked by the bridge. The whole hotel smelt good, and the rooms, decorations were very classy oriental chinese.

The bed was quite nice to sleep - I slept more than 5 nights on it and never had any issues! Downside was the view was quite restrictive...

I got a room with a bathtub attached, and the downside was the view again... I had to keep this closed as it was someone else rooftop.

Food around the hotel?

The streets around the hotel were like busy everyday, everytime. It feels like a mini-CBD area. Plenty of food and things to see!

Min Jun

I was craving for cart noodles, this shop had good reviews on google, so here I am!

Look at the extensive menu!


The food was so good - I don't fancy yellow noodles but this was real good. It has other branches around Hong Kong, so maybe they have one near where you're staying!

Co-Winner Restaurant

They are famous for their chicken - it was delicious with the special sauce drizzled on it:

I went back another day to try their Hong Kongese western, it was yummy too, with huge portion!

Kam's Roast Goose

It was superb, although they have outlets in Singapore, but it's different. I loved everything they had and definitely going to bring my family back (especially my mum) to try this out.

Lau Haa Hot Pot Restaurant

Lau Haa Hot Pot Restaurant, https://goo.gl/maps/xw7F6HSyjY6GAKGi7
It kind of reminds me the hot pot place at Golden Mile, where it was at the basement.

Everything was so photogenic with the bright signboard.
The portions were rather generous but not cheap either (see the pork jowl portion above), I would suggest to split the orders in a few rounds so you can better gauge your tummy. We ordered close to $200sgd for 2 pax.

It can be rather noisy, so if you are looking for something quiet, preferably not here.

That's all for this post, and a couple more Hong Kong fun travel post coming your way soon!

Comments

Trending Posts