[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Long Shan Si 龍山寺

A short trip down to Long Shan Si.
A place in Taipei I never had a chance to explore it.
And I really love this place after visiting it.

First stop: 廣州街 for nice street foods


1. 頂級甜不辣
^^Very long queue during weekends

^^Yummy Tempura!
The 甜不辣 Tempura was really good. With the sauce and everything... I love their fishcakes and raddish. One of the best tempura I had in Taiwan so far and I feel it is really worth queuing up for it. And it was so interesting to observe how Taiwanese eat their tempura. They actually drink the sauces up... and I tried that method to finish up my "meal", it tasted so-so, maybe I am not a very soup lover person.

頂級甜不辣, http://www.dingtop1.com.tw/, 台北市萬華區廣州街梧州街口
2. 東港旗魚黑輪
^^Another very popular stall with crowds crowding all sides of the stall

^^黑輪不是黑色的
I have to admit, that the drama 鬥牛要不要 introduced me to this street snack but I never tried this before although I came Taiwan several times. I am so glad that I was curious about the big crowd and I dragged my friends to try it out. It was like deep fried soft fish cake and a quarter of egg wrapped within it. It wasnt salty but surprisingly nice; maybe because the fish meat was fresh? I would really recommend to have it straight way when it is still puffing hot!

東港旗魚黑輪, 台北市萬華區廣州街(萬華夜市仁濟醫院前攤子)

3. Huaxi Street Tourist Night Market 華西街觀光夜市
^^It was pretty empty in the afternoon
Most of the shops were opened in the afternoon, selling clothes and etc. But this night market is well-known for their snake soup and etc and got this famous name "Snake Alley". Definitely a place for people who like snake meat and also for those who like to challenge their limits.

PS: There is a small street nearby where almost all the stalls are selling pig trotter!


Second Stop: Long Shan Si 龍山寺

One of the famous temples in Taipei. It was pretty crowded so I did not manage to take some nice photos of the temple. And I wasnt very sure whether they allowed photography.

Third Stop: Some streets near Long Shan Si (三水街 & 康定街)

There are a cluster of traditional stalls selling many different kinds of nice food on these 2 streets. Just that we are too full to try other foods which is kind of a pity.

Fourth Stop: Underground mall

The underground mall is a nice place to shop, like some small keychains etcs as gifts or shop for t-shirts. Not forgetting, there is a big section of the underground mall where you can find many fortune telling stalls. Wanted to try fortune telling... but the atmosphere was so uncomfortable for me.

Comments

Trending Posts