[DE; 2019] Solo Series | Frankfurt City Walking Tour


After joining a student walking tour back in Seoul, I really like the concept of interacting with local students / strangers from all over the world for half a day.

Searched online and found this free walking tour by Frankfurt Free Alternative Walking Tour.


The down side of me when I go for tour, I don't recall / take note where I am. So based on the website, the tour may covers the following areas:

  • Central Station Area
  • Old European Central Bank
  • Römer
  • Eiserner Steg
  • Paul’s Church
  • Cathedral of St. Bartholomew
It was around 2.5 - 3 hours walking tour.

Photos of the modern/historical city!



There are 7 spiderman statues scattered around Frankfurt City, and here is one of them!

The tour ended at Römer - a historical market in Frankfurt! It was such a pretty place that I came back again the next day (shall share more in other post)!

The student guide gave us a list of recommended restaurants / bar & pub. You may click the photo to enlarge the list.

Verdict:
Not much interaction with the local student - maybe due to the big group size (1 guide to 20+ participants). The guide upfront tells you that he was doing this for his university fees, so the intention was different from the Korean students who wanted an opportunity to speak English. But it was an interesting tour giving details which if I were to explore myself, I wouldn't have notice. I ended up giving a market rate tip - based on what others were giving (I was once a university student who worked for my own tuition fees, so I can understand how difficult it was), I think was 5 euros.

More Germany adventures to come!

Comments

Trending Posts