[DE; 2019] Solo Series | Eiserner Steg


I'm someone who loves watching sunsets, so I googled and this place was highly rated for the city view sunsets.

It was summer period in Frankfurt and the sun only sets at 9 PM. Yes, that was the first time I'm enjoying sunset late at night.

With the 2 days transport tickets I bought from the hotel, I'm able to take unlimited rides around the city! I took a U-Bahn - metro of Frankfurt. What really surprised me was, there wasn't any gantry at the metro station - so basically nobody is checking your tickets.


The metro lines were not super confusing (just for someone who can't understand German - it took me some time to match the names). Once you're on the right train, everything will be a breeze!


The U-Bahn interiors are still okay, with cushion chairs. Note that locals over there really love to drink, especially in the evenings - they will board the metro with beers / alcohol. If you're feeling disturbed or uncomfortable, just keep a safe distance, naturally of course.


Eiserner Steg; aka Iron Bridge
Mainkai 39, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Google Map)
Nearest Metro Station: Dom/Römer (U5 - Pinkish Purple Line)
It was quite a nice walk around the river, amazing city skyline!


Lots of padlocks to lock up your love!


The weather was cooling that evening, so I wandered around, crossing a couple of bridges nearby. And captured a few nice city shoots with a tint of sunset.


I walked back to Römer, amazing view of the sunset too!


This marks my little journey adventuring out late at night (although it doesn't look late!).

Comments

Trending Posts