[AU; 2023] 24 hours in Sydney City

Follow me to my 24 hours in Sydney!


Early Check-in

Aiden Hotel Darling Harbour

Darling Harbour is one of my favourite place to stay in Sydney city - I love how peaceful the area is, and so accessible to everywhere! Aiden is located in a perfect spot, near to the bridge crossing over to the main city and close to coles.

The washroom was a big surprise...

Dyson hair dryer!

Lovely tea bags included in the room.

The room was rather tiny, but perfect for single like me who doesn't like big spaces. Although the room doesn't have much view.

Their breakfast was yummy too!

Heading out (Day)

Pyrmont Bay tram station is just a street across!

Paddy's Markets

I stopped over at Paddy's Markets so I could shop for some local produce at the haymarket, unfortunately it is closed on Monday & Tuesday. 

So I went over to the mall right next beside it..
Market City

It was the pride month hence lot of rainbows :)

Market City is quite an asian place where they have lots of asian food available, and the upper levels are more like clothes etc.

Chinatown

Chinatown is just a street across City Market.

Some areas do give that Chinese vibes!

My main objective of coming Chinatown is to shop of dried seafood goodies for my mum.
Yet Son Groceries
No reason why this particular store - I just checked google reviews and they were one of the higher rating.
This was the one I got - dried sea cucumber! According to my mum, the cucumbers were really very good. Better than the ones from Singapore stores. It was also cheaper to get it in Australia!

Spice Alley

Spice alley was one of the recommended foodie place by a local to get asian food!
Spice Alley
The whole place is so instagramable!
So much food choices - I will definitely come back again to try next time!


Heading out (Evening)

To the iconic building for the city night view!

Sydney Opera House
The Opera House is really the iconic classic - I wish I would have a chance to attend a concert in there next time!

Pride month was so lovely in Sydney, rainbows everywhere:

Traveler's tip!

Get your duty free purchase in Australia instead of Singapore - everything is cheaper in the duty free stores, from red wines to cosmetics. 

I always try to grab a bottle of Penfolds - they are really interesting!
You can never get AUD$28 (SGD$25) Penfolds in Singapore!

Comments

Trending Posts