[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Hsinchu 新竹

This is a one day trip to Hsinchu to visit a friend over there!

1) Taipei Main Station > Hsinchu

^^NT$105 for one way trip (student price yo)

^^Personalised TV in the bus
豪太客運, www.howtai.com.tw, 1hr plus ride

2) Hsinchu-National Tsinghua University 國立清華大學

The previous day I was at 誠品, and I flipped the guide books on Hsinchu... they recommended coming over Tsinghua Uni. Anw the bus stops at Tsinghua Uni's main gate; no worries getting lost!
^^Lake at Tsinghua Uni
I have to admit Tsinghua Uni is a tourist spot; a great place to R&R and take photos. The lake itself is so pretty.

3) National Chiao Tung University 國立交通大學

As my friend is a pro in this area, she brought as over from Tsinghua to Chiaotung Uni. Dont ask me the directions on how to cross over... I only know that I crossed a mini bridge and tada I was stepping on Chiaotung Uni grounds.

If you manage to reach Chiaotung, Waffle is the MUST TRY MUST EAT item.
^^Meixco Chicken with waffles
小木屋鬆餅, https://www.facebook.com/cottagewaffle
It was so delicious! Totally worth the trip heading down to Hsinchu!

4) BigCity

The newest shopping centre in Hsinchu? Correct me if Im wrong
^^Free shutter bus from SOGO located near the Hsinchu Train/Bus Station

^^It is really a BIG CITY!
Alots of branded shops, restaurants, cinema inside this big shopping mall!

5) From Hsinchu Train/Bus Station > Hsinchu City God Temple Night Market 城隍廟口夜市

We wanted to shop before heading to the Night Market... so my friend brought us into some alleys located a small distance away from the Hsinchu Train/Bus Station. As I have no idea where I am... so I cant provide much info where is this alley situated. All I know it is located near a PGmall oulet; so should be around 武昌街?
^^Alley street clothes

Another area of alley clothes. But this time around there is a sign for this area; 中正台夜市!
^^Well organised alley shops with signboard telling you which street you are currently at!

^^view of the alley shops

Final stop 城隍廟口夜市!
^^Hsinchu Beehoon!

^^肉圓
新竹米粉with肉圓 is really a perfect combi!

^^城隍包 as supper!
But not that nice as expected as the pau skin is too thick and the fillings are too little

^^back to taipei taking 國光客運 NT$105 (student price)
國光客運, www.kingbus.com.tw, 1hr plus ride

There are 3 buses (i think more than that) servicing Taipei-Hsinchu route:
  1. 國光客運
  2. 新竹客運
  3. 豪太客運
All the 3 bus services have the same pricing if Im not wrong; if not just NT$5-NT$10 difference. (As I managed to purchase the student price by some means so I have no idea what is the normal ticket price) 國光客運 is recommended by the locals in hsinchu, 新竹客運 is recommend by the online forums, 豪太客運 is recommended by ME! As I only took 豪太客運 and 國光客運, if i have to choose, I prefer 豪太客運 as their seats are more comfortable and spacious. But the locals will argue that they think 國光客運 is more stable. Anyway it is just a 1hr+ ride so just choose the one that fits your schedule the best!

Comments

Trending Posts