[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Foodies in Tainan City

Tainan

Tainan is a foodie paradise, I would say I really loved the foods in Tainan. This time round, some of the foods were recommended by my Taiwanese friends, so this list is sort of the best of Tainan! (TA-DA)

Fried Leek Dumplings @ 安平劉記韭菜盒

This store is located at the entrance of Anping Old street. And if you have been following my previous Tainan post, this is my second time queuing for this street food! For someone who do not fancy leek but loves this dumpling, you can imagine how nice it is!
安平老街劉記韭菜盒https://www.facebook.com/LiuJiJiuCaiHe/;
No. 159, Anbei Road, Anping District, Tainan City


Preserved Fruits @ Chycutayshing 林永泰興蜜餞行

This store is also located at Anping Old Street. I was so happy that the store is still open in the evening and the best thing there is no queue. The previous trip I bought a few packets of preserved fruits from various stores at the old street and the verdict was this stall has the best!

Don't ask me how much packets did I lug back this time, just imagine how heavy it can be that made me took a cab back to the hostel.
Chycutayshing 林永泰興蜜餞行http://www.chycutayshing.com.tw/about-us.html;
https://www.chycutayshing.com.tw/about-us.html


Supper Snacks @ 窗口土司台南店

When you are craving for supper in Tainan, the best thing to know is this chain store open until 2 AM! They sells alots of toast and side dishes such as fried snacks and soup. Good place to satisfy some food cravings.
窗口土司台南店https://www.facebook.com/窗口土司台南店-404768116380894/;
No. 91, Kaishan Road, West Central District, Tainan City


Bubble Tea @ Hi O Cha 海鷗茶館

I was drawn to the stall firstly the weather was hot and secondly I loved the blue that they used. Kinda royal and elegant type of blue. The stall was newly open in 2018, and I found the tea nice and worth a try!
Hi O Cha 海鷗茶館https://www.facebook.com/海鷗茶館-303553547081568/;
 No. 96號, Qingnian Road, West Central District, Tainan City


Milk Fish Soup @ 開元路無名虱目魚湯

If I have to pick my most favourite food in Tainan (or maybe Taiwan), definitely this fish soup! This no signboard, no store name shop sells milk fish soup like hot cakes! The fish meat was so tender (I hearsay it was freshly caught every morning) and sprinkled with some ginger and green onion. OMG, I WANNA FLY BACK TAIWAN FOR THIS!

Other than the fish soup, the Braised Meat Rice (肉燥飯) was good too!

Only local Tainan-ese will know this place, so it is not touristy at all and not recommended in most of the foreign travel guides and blogs. Do visit the place early, the soup has limited quantities!
開元路無名虱目魚湯;
No. 313, Kaiyuan Road, North District, Tainan City


 南泉冰菓室 Nan Chuan Japanese Shaved Ice

My Taiwanese friends claimed that this is one of the popular shaved ice in Tainan.

The shaved ice is like huge! I would say the fruits servings were generous, but some of the fruits were sour. Nevertheless, it was really shiok to have them!

The rooftop of the shop has a 3D painting wall, which means a good spot for some ig worthy photos too!


Bubble Tea @ Brian Black Tea 布莱恩红茶正兴总店

The bubble tea stall is located at the famous cat mascot street - Zhengxing Street.

My Taiwanese friend claimed that this is one of the best bubble tea store in Tainan. Verdict? They carry alots of unique tea leaves, worth the try to discover new tea taste!
Brian Black Tea 布莱恩红茶正兴总店http://www.brianblacktea.com.tw/;
No. 62-2, Zhengxing Street, West Central District, Tainan City


Yi Mein @ 醇涎坊古早味锅烧意面

Another stall my Taiwanese friends recommended. I do not really like Singapore's version of Yi Mein, therefore I never tried any in Taiwan before though it was really popular. But my friends told me how good it was.. so I decided to give it a chance.

It was rather soupy and the noodles were surprisingly chewly. With all the ingredients such as fish cakes, egg, vegetables and etc, it made the whole bowl tasted like instant noodles. Not too bad I would say!
醇涎坊古早味锅烧意面;
No. 53, Bao'an Road, West Central District, Tainan City


Eel & Duck Tongue @ 阿添海產

My Taiwanese friends were really, trying to max my limits by bringing me to try all kinds of Tainan dishes. So they surveyed their Tainan friends and got this address of a famous seafood stall. They ordered quite alot of dishes (there was only 3 of us plus I ate like so much infront these). But I only took photos of some unique ones.

So they ordered this Asian type of Eel (not those normal Japanese restaurants type) and also it's deep fried internal organs. The eel meat was not that thick as those Japanese, is also rather thin, but it was still chewy. And the fried organs were abit bitter I remembered, they say will go well with beer, which I believed so.

This was a mini #fearfactor challenge, duck tongue! Actually it was really good; the meat wise and taste was comparable with BBQ Chicken Wing. If someone would have just present me the meat, I would really believe it is BBQ Chicken. This dish also goes well with beer!
阿添海產;
No. 78-1, Section 4, Jinhua Road, West Central District, Tainan City


If you need more inspiration where to go & eat in Tainan, kindly refer to my other Tainan posts - click on the 'Travel Taiwan' tab and scroll to 'Tainan'! If you have any recommendations for me, just share with me!

Comments

Trending Posts