[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Kaohsiung 高雄 P2

DAY2/PART2 of my Kaohsiung gateway, we decided to visit E-da 義大.

1. ZUOYING 左營 > E-DA 義大

We took a direct bus from Zuoying station, I cant remember how much does it costed but it should be around NT$30-40; cause I paid everything with my limited coins.
The bus ride was approximately 30-40mins.
義大客運EDA BUS, Bus8501, http://www.edabus.com.tw/Information_Timetable.aspx

^^E-da Shopping Mall

We headed for the Shopping Mall first cause we wanted to grab some lunch.
^^Food court at the top level

I tried the Nanyang Curry from this stall... it costed less than NT$150 for this set.
The food was alright; not really nanyang curry but more like japanese curry. This meal kinda like a fusion of everything.

After some shopping, we can practically shop everywhere, we headed to the theme park counter at the basement!
We are not a very theme-park group of people, so after some calculations, we decided to buy the night ticket 星光票 which is much cheaper! The counter will start selling these tickets from 2pm onwards, each ticket costed NT$650.
義大遊樂世界, http://www.edathemepark.com.tw/Website/info_Price.aspx
^^Back part of the tickets; so cute!

^^Entrance of the theme park; GOGOGO!

We were quite lucky as there was a parade immediately we entered the theme park!

^^Our favourite hangout-camwhore place in the theme park

 
^^one of the more popular rides; I just stand there and being amazed by the height

^^the iconic symbol of E-da theme park

Like what I mentioned earlier, we are really a bunch of not-a-theme-park-people, so we only took like 2-3 rides which was really mild ones. We spent more time exploring, buy stuffs and taking photos.
^^Candy kingdom with all these cute mascots of the theme park!

^^One of Taiwanese favourite snack - 乖乖

^^Ginger breadman

I have to say again, we were really lucky. Cause when we decided to exit the theme park, there was a performance at the exit. And it was the mascots of the theme park dancing infront of us!
So kawaii! And there was a photo session, so we actually went to queue up to take photos with them.

^^upon exiting they will do a chop on your hand; so that you can re-enter the theme park again

As the theme park ticket is bundled with free ferries wheel ride, we decided to go for it, and also to unlock some height achievement for one of my friend.
^^Please look out of the free shutter bus to the ferries wheel, the ferries wheel is quite far away from the theme park 


There was like no queue at all. Seriously, no queue no wait time.

^^some night views of the E-da

Actually if you are in rush with time, I wont not suggest to take the ferries wheel, cause it was moving really very slowly; we (at least for me) got bored by the ride.

We bought the bus ticket back to Zuoying for NT$34...
This was where our nightmare started... (maybe all the luck was used up in the theme park?)
The queue of the bus was so long as all the buses were full! It was the first time I witnessed so many Taiwanese complaining to the management about it. So glad they complained, as the management quickly added a few empty buses to our stop. But some got so frustrated and they left the queue for taxis. But I think they were quite quick to get so many empty buses, although we queued for like 1hour.

2. E-DA 義大 > RUEIFENG NIGHT MARKET 瑞豐夜市

We took the metro down to Kaohsiung Arena 巨蛋站 and walked for a few mins to this night market.
That was my third visit to this night market! It was less crowded compared to the second time I came which was during chinese new year. And because this time round I did manage to complete the whole night market, I found myself quite silly that I could have avoided all the crowds during my second attempt by starting the night market from the back.

Note: This night market only opens on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

^^甜不辣 tempura but in soup
I was really in love with 甜不辣, after the Longshansi's ones. [Living in TW] Long Shan Si 龍山寺
I think it was just so-so for this stall, if I have to compare with my favorite stall.

^^Fruit juice using fresh milk!
I really love Taiwan's fruit juice as it is cheap and fresh! Cant remember what did I ordered... but most likely banana milk!

^^流沙包
 爆槳流沙包, really cheap and good! The pau skins wasnt too thick or floury and the custard was great!

Second time buying this (愛瑪妮爆槳豬頭燒小蛋糕) and I still like the cuteness of the cake. The taste wise was as good as before!

^^BBQ chicken in a stick
The reason behind why I gained weight living in Taiwan... because I love to eat BBQ stuffs! And I actually whatsapp my friend who was still busying eating-roaming in the night market to buy this for me. I cant remember which stall I requested him to buy for me, but it was located at the 2nd or 3rd row. The chicken was quite tender and the sauce wasnt too bad. Just nice enough to satisfy my crazy cravings.

Other than food, the night market offers a whole section selling clothes and etc. But I did not take any photos of it, cause it was pretty crowded and I doubt I can take any presentable photos.

That marks the end the part 2 of Kaohsiung gateway!

Related:
[Living in TW] Kaohsiung 高雄 P3
[Living in TW] Kaohsiung 高雄 P4

Comments

Trending Posts