[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Fujen University 辅仁大学

Fujen University (FJU) is one of the top private university in Taiwan
It is not as famous as the 台大NTU, but a humble school situated away from the bustling Taipei City
Just take the Yellow/Orange Line to Fujen Station, and exit at EXIT1!
Click Picture to Enlarge Map, Original Map: Source

I will be introducing the 輔仁三寶 FJU's Three Treasures in this post:
(1) Black Circle at the Orange Section: FJU Ice Cream
(2) Black Circle at the Red Section: FJU Pineapple Buns 菠蘿麵包
(3) Black Circle at the Blue Section: FJU Waffles
And also my personal favourites (scroll to the end for my TOP1 favourite food!)

First Stop: FJU's Ice Cream
 
Although the queue was long, but it moved pretty fast, around 5 mins to reach my turn!

 
^^NT$25 for one cone ice cream

 
This stall is set up by the students studying in the F&B course. Quite easy to spot, just look out for the long queue among the campus. There are 3 favours to choose on: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Mixed. I tried Vanilla, it was abit sweet for me, but the cone biscuit was tasty. I think I would recommend the Mixed favour instead. Please visit it after lunch hours to avoid massive crowds. They will introduce new favours now and then, so do look out for their facebook page!
輔大食科冰淇淋 FJU Ice Cream
Monday-Friday, 12pm-5pm (Closed on School Breaks)


Second Stop: FJU's Pineapple Bun
 
It is located beside the Women's Dormitory, a stall within the Canteen 文園餐廳.
I realised I only had one photo on the big bun. The bun is supposed to be super big but you cant really see from this photo. There are like 10 favours of Pineapple Bun over at the stall, and sometimes from a distance you can smell the fragrant of the buns. It is super cheap, ranging around NT$20-30, and you can grab some nice packet tea from the bakery at a low price.

{/Update} Unfortunately the school decided to close down the stall for some renovation purposes. Not sure whether it will be back in the near future! ):

Third Stop: FJU's Waffles (巧瑋鬆餅屋)
 
^^Mexico Chicken with Hot Green Milk Tea

 
^^Blueberry Jam
It is located at an underground canteen near the Men Dormitory 心園餐廳. I am unsure how to rate their Green Milk Tea because I tried twice and the taste were totally different. I would say if you are feeling lucky, then please have a cup of Green Milk Tea, it will be great! Waffle wise, the serving was huge and the taste and crunchiness I would say slightly above average. Price wise, reasonable. Recommended favour would be banana chocolate.

FOURTH STOP: Personal Favourites 
(1)輔園餐廳: 雲瀚哨子麵
One of the most popular stalls at the canteen at Fuyuen, 雲瀚哨子麵!

 
^^The noodles! It is not spicy, dont be deceive by the photo!

 
^^Curry Rice
This was the only stall that will sell off all their food an hour before the end of the canteen operating hours. I am unsure what is their noodle gravy made up from, but it tasted great with rice too! And their Curry Rice was like superb! One of my favourite stall from the canteen!

(2)輔園餐廳: Korean Food
 
^^Seafood/Kimchi Noodles
Another stall from the same canteen, I think this bowl of noodles costed NT$100-120? Super cheap and super worth it. The kimchi spiciness was acceptable and the soup was very delicious. If you do not like noodle soup, they can replace it with white rice, and that means free flow of rice!

(3)輔園餐廳: Beehoon
It is a stall that sells all kinds of noodles, also at the same canteen as the above two. But I would not recommend their other noodles but only this beehoon. No particular reason, just that my friend told me that the beehoon tasted great along with the chilli they provided, and well it is true!

 (4)文園餐廳: Typical Lunchbox 糖醋雞丁 Sweet-Vinegar Chicken
My TOP1 favourite food in FJU, I can have it everyday and crave over it every night! Not kidding! I have it at least twice a week and I actually learnt how to eat rice with chopsticks. As they dont provide spoons for lunchboxes, so eventually I mastered the art of using chopsticks.

Anyway, back to the topic, the chicken was well marinated with the sugar and vinegar, and it goes well with the 3 side dishes that randomly changes everyday! (If you're lucky you can get my fav side dish- fried egg with tomato) And they dont sell it in the canteen itself but outside the canteen so that students can conveniently grab and go. Selling at a very affordable price of NT$50 per box!

I hope just this photo alone will tempt you to make a trip down to FJU to try! Just grab a lunchbox, sit around the campus, and experience being a Taiwanese Uni student for an hour!
PS: It only available during lunch break, which is from 12.40pm onwards, while stocks last!

(Taiwan University School Term: Mid February-Mid June, Mid September-Mid January)

Comments

Trending Posts