[TW] Guide | Starstrucking

How can you visit Taiwan without secretly hoping/dreaming/imagining bumping into your favourite Taiwan artists. As a loyal fan of Taiwan dramas/entertainment, I have a list of artists I want to meet in Taiwan. But the chances of meeting them on streets are like 1%, so you have to create your own chances to meet them.

So I am going to reveal my journey of starstrucking:

METHOD 1: Concert
Concert I don't mean those big fanciful concert that you need to pay so much but see just a tiny winy figure of your favourite star. The concert I mean is campus concert. Usually tickets are sold at a low price or free, and they will throw in a few goodies. If you be abit hardworking, you can stand right at the front of the stage and have interactions with the stars.
 
^^I attended this campus concert at Fujen University for just NT$100, I get to see stars like Rainie, Anthony, Guo Jing etc.

^^I was like the last few to enter the concert theatre but still somehow close to the stage!

METHOD 2: Award Ceremony
Taiwan has all kinds of award ceremony, and the one I attended unintentionally (I just happened to passby the place that day) was 金鐘獎!

 
^^Ahken was one of the host and he was super interesting and friendly; he interacting with us before the real show starts

Only posting the clearer photos, cause as it was a very unintentional starstruck event, I only have my poor phone camera.

So, if you're planning to head Taiwan during Oct-Nov.. why not check up the dates for these big ceremony events. You will never know you might be as lucky as me!

METHOD 3: Variety Show
The previous 2 methods still requires some luck, but the last method is more feasible and something more workable.

I attended 娛樂百分百, which is a quite famous variety show. How do you get the entry passes to such variety shows? The answer is local fan clubs.

I got it from xiaogui's fan club. https://www.facebook.com/AlienHome, you have to check their facebook regularly; they only release entry passes 1-2weeks before the actual recording. To register just follow their instructions and email them, remember to specify you are an overseas fan! (No worries if you're not!)

The address of the recording is at 台北市內湖區瑞光路455號; take the brown line metro to Xihu Station and walk around 10-15mins. You will be able to see the GTV building.

 We gathered at the building around 10:30am, and only entered the recording studio at 12pm, recording started at 12:30pm, and ended close to 3pm. So be prepared and have some patience! FYI, no photography and video taking are allowed in the recording studio, so no photos on the recording studio but it looks exactly the same as seen on screen!

TIP: If you want to have maximum interactions with the hosts; facing the "stage", grab the most inner seats on the left.

 
^^They provided some props and also allows you to bring the props back as souvenir
After the recording you can bravely go home and tell your mum, 媽~我上電視了!

That's marks the end of my starstrucking guide!
And if you are wondering did I manged to complete the list of artists I want to meet...
YES I DID!

Comments

Trending Posts