[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Part 20 - Zhu Zi Hu & Houtong

Route Info: Taipei > Shipai Station > Yang Ming Shan > Zhu Zi Hu > Taipei Main Station > Houtong Train Station > Dongqu
(台北 > 石牌站 > 陽明山 > 竹子湖 > 台北車站 > 猴硐車站 > 東區
)

DAY18
1. Taipei > Shipai Station > Yang Ming Shan > Zhu Zi Hu
Woke up early and took the metro to Shipai Station! Grabbed some food nearby the station while waiting for the bus to Yang Ming Shan

I can't remember which favour I bought, but it was so bad that I threw it away. The rice was really dry and hard. ):

小8, http://e-bus.taipei.gov.tw/newmap/Tw/Map?rid=11134&sec=0
PS: THERE IS ONLY ONE BUS PER HOUR DURING WEEKDAYS!

During weekends the frequency is much higher. Blur me, I saw the bus was quite crowded so I decided to wait for the next bus. After that I realised the next bus was one hour later. (Palm Face)

Nevertheless, managed to take the next bus to Yang Ming Shan and visited the Zhu Zi Hu (竹子湖) which I have been yearning to go for years. Because there is Calla Lily (海芋) at Yang Ming Shan during Feb-April period!


Sea of Calla Lilies! It only costed NT$10 to experience to pluck one Calla Lilly. But I decided not to try plucking.

It was really cold at Yang Ming Shan, around 5-6 degrees difference from Taipei City. But I was well prepared to fight with the cold and rain! Heh heh!

2. Zhu Zi Hu > Taipei Main Station > Houtong Train Station
Meet a very nice auntie who lives at Zhu Zi Hu, and she accompanied me down the mountain and did a guided tour along the way. Such a pity I did not get her name and contact, but I know where she lives, perhaps one day I will pop-by her house and get to meet her again.

Took the metro to Taipei Main Station and grabbed a lunchbox while waiting for the train.

Bought the tickets to Houtong Station, another place I wanted to go so badly.
Taipei to Houtong, NT$67, 47mins, http://www.railway.gov.tw

Very cute map of the small town.

It is a town full of cats; you can spot cats all around the small town.
 
The cats are not afraid of humans, either do they bother about humans. I can freely take close up photos of them without afraid being attacked. (I have abit of fear for cats)

Decided to explore the small town, and everything can be covered by foot. 
(Click to enlarge map)

Almost 90% of the tourist I met that day were cats lovers, they pat and cuddle the cats like their pets.

There is a small museum about the town, because Houtong was a coal mining town previously.

And there is this famous store that sell Pineapple Cake in cats' figurine.
艾妮西點‧烘培 Annie Bakery, http://www.pcstore.com.tw/anniebakery/
I forgot to take a picture of the loots I bought. The owner was really very friendly, speaking to me and asking about my trip, throwing in freebies for me. And the pineapple cakes were really very delicious! Maybe next time I can consider ordering it online and ask them to send over to the accommodation.

3. Houtong Train Station > Dongqu
Took the next train back to Taipei Main Station, went for last minute shopping around Taipei Main Station and then headed to Dongqu Underground Mall.

In the end it was so late that I have to grab my dinner at 7-11.

But, I finally get to eat my favourite bento from 7-11! Something like Korean BBQ rice set. I am still craving for it.

This marks my last night at Taiwan. )':

>> Next Post: [Backpack TW] Part 21 - Taipei | Taoyuan Airport

Comments

  1. Hi! Chanced upon your blog and realised you went to many gorgeous places in taiwan! I'm planning a solo trip too next year and was wondering if you have any itinerary I could refer to? You are really brave and I really admire you for travelling these places alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Yes, I am more than willing to share my itinerary, drop me an email ohhtravel@mail.com!

      Don't hesitate and Taiwan is a great place to try out solo traveling! ;D

      -XY

      Delete
  2. Hi, l was researching on Taiwan solo trip and chanced upon your blog. You went to so many beautiful places. Can I drop you an email to get your itinerary,and advice as I am also planning a solo trip in March 2016?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Apologies, hopefully my reply is not that late! Yes sure, kindly drop me an email!

      -XY

      Delete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts