[KR; 2017] Solo Series | COEX Aquarium 코엑스 아쿠아리움

COEX Aquarium 코엑스 아쿠아리움

It was my last full day in Seoul and I was thinking of something I like to do... so I googled abit and decided to visit the COEX Aquarium!

To get to the Aquarium, you have 2 choices, either Samseong Station or Bongeunsa Station. I got off at Samseong Station and it was rather far; had to cut across the entire mall. While Bongeunsa Station was much closer.

Anyway COEX Mall was rather huge, great place to shop and dine! I reached there rather late afternoon so I did not have much chances to do shopping.

There is an amazing library / study corner inside the mall! Totally mind-blown! You have to climb the ladders to get the upper shelves books!

After a 30-mins walk, stopping here and there for window shopping, I finally reached the legendary Aquarium where the Korean drama "I Hear Your Voice 너의 목소리가 들려" took their poster shot and the first kiss scene. Awww~ #fangirlindeed
COEX Aquarium 코엑스 아쿠아리움http://www.coexaqua.co.kr
513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Adult Tickets: 28,000 won
10 AM to 8 PM daily!
Time to explore!

The Aquarium is divided into many different themes / sections. My photos were abit in a mess, overly excited that I took photos both from my phone and camera... I hope they are in good sequence!

The Aquarium does not just limit themselves to sea creatures, there were many exhibitions on small furry animals...

Plenty of exhibitions with interesting fish species!

This section is called Fish in Wonderland; anything can transform into a fish tank!

Furry animals again! Superb adorable!

Here goes the scary-looking animals!

& I managed to captured a photo of these sweet couple! <3 p="">

There is a Marine Touch Lab section; where you can try touching all kinds of interesting looking sea living things

Also an area dedicated for some tortoises...

Once you pass through the tortoises territory, you are half-way through the Aquarium! Some sea worm dance to celebrate the half-mark!

The fishes and reefs looks like a moving painting to me!

There are some large-scale full glass showcase of sea creatures, like sharks!

And also Pig-Nosed Turtle! (I have one of them at home too, made me missed my pig-nosed so much when I saw so many of it's friends swimming here and there!)

How can you miss out the Sea Turtle!

My favourite back-shot with the help of self-timer, I think they are tunas? (I'm not very sure hahaha)

There was a "shark concert" area; where you can sit at the comfy benches watching the sharks swim while the background plays some classical music. (they made the sharks less scary!)

THIS! Is the famous place for that aww kiss scene in "I Hear Your Voice 너의 목소리가 들려"!

I really enjoyed taking selfies with the sea creatures!

The last 2 sections - Garden of Jelly Fish & Penguin's Playground!

My verdict for COEX Aquarium
I would like prefer if there aren't any furry animals (although they were cute) in the Aquarium; they dont seems to blend in with the word "aquarium". Presentation wise was ok, but not worth the ticket price, I think Singapore's RWS S.E.A. Aquarium was much fun (without the crowd). But I did enjoyed the "Shark Concert" lot, liked that idea much! Nevertheless if you are an enthusiastic fan of the sea creatures, why not? Otherwise next please, there should be other spots in Seoul that you have in mind.

Comments

Trending Posts