[KR; 2026] Part 3 - Seoul | Namsan, Itaewon

Annyeong Part 3 - Seoul

As Grand Hyatt is located in-between Namsan Tower and Itaewon - lots of walking routes toward the tower or down to the busy streets.

Hiking Namsam!

This was a very impromptu decision to hike up the mountain with one of my co-workers. It was literally inbetween our breaks where we had 2 hours to rest before the next event. The selling point was - we heard the hike was around 40 minutes one way, so it fits in perfectly.

There was a park entrance, just right across Grand Hyatt - we took the overhead bridge:
Namsan Park Visitor Center 남산공원 방문자센터
And that's basically the starting point for the hike!

This is the map of the park, where the white lines outside the boxed area was where we were heading:

This was how the hiking trail looks like:
남산 소나무숲 탐방로

There were a couple of steep climb / steps, so having proper gear will be good. But it was great to be with the nature - the weather was perfect!

Nearing Namsam Tower, we passed by this old city wall:
Seoul City Wall 한양도성 성곽


Quite interesting that it is one of the oldest serving city wall in the world - probably a good photoshoot spots near Namsan Tower. If you're not hiking, spot for this cafe near the bus stop, and the stairs to the old city wall is just right beside it.

View of the city!

Namsan Tower!

We decided to explore the tower a little, if you're feeling tired, there is a lift straight up to the foot of the tower (saves lots of leg power from climbing the slope). At the cafe intersection (facing the tower), stay on the left, walk straight and it will bring you to the lift.

The view from an open area of the tower:

We had to head back to the hotel, and we took the same hiking trail back. It was close to sunset time:

One the way back I noted an area with lots of stacking stones, so I placed one for well wishes!

Very artistic sunset from Grand Hyatt view:

I would rate this hiking trailer beginner - I'm not someone who exercise often, but it was still doable. If we weren't rushing for time, would have paced it better.

Itaewon Supper!

I tagged along one of my co-workers down to Itaewon (from Grand Hyatt) by foot for some quick shopping. I would say - the slopes were pretty steep and I regretted my way down (because I will need to take the same way back up).

We were hungry - so I found a saved pin on my googlemap which sells kalguksu! We were lucky that we took the wrong path and found it instantly:
이화국시
It was located at the stairways next to this Money Exchange.

Everything was in Korean, so google translate saved the day. The ajumma couldn't speak English, so thankfully my kindergarten Korea can still make it work.

It didn't feel like a restaurant, but more like a home business. Everything feels very cozy. Even kimchi was served in a pot like this, you can take all you want.

The soup were a bit more peppery, but the noodles were the perfect texture - firm yet chewy!


The portion was quite generous - that probably two person can share a bowl of noodles and order a pancake (which I didn't manage to try this time)! Would recommend if you're looking for a warm late night snack!

Comments

Trending Posts