[KR; 2026] Part 4 - Seoul | Hanyang University, Gwanghwamun, Jongno 3

Annyeong Part 4 - Seoul

Continuing my adventure in Seoul while working!

Hanyang University

I had to be at the university for an event, and I manage to experience a little being a student in Korea!
Paiknam Academic Information Center and Library | HYU
My event was somewhere near the library - I have to say the campus was rather big. Even getting to the library took some effort to find.

I was invited to a lunch at their caferia, I envy they had instant noodle maker:
College of Human Ecology Cafeteria 생활과학관 식당
Block 401, Level7 | 12,000 won / pax


It is open for public, so anyone can walk in the dine. There was a kiosk to purchase tickets. And it was highly popular among students due to its scenic panoramic views of the campus - it was busy during Saturday too! The food was yummy and I wished to had time to grab for more sides or a bowl of ramen (it's included in the ticket price).

There was a convenience store nearby, and I managed to grab my favourite banana milk!

Gwanghwamun

I had another event that brought me to Gwanghwamun area. I haven't been that area since my first trip to Korea like 20 years ago?

 

Statue of King Sejong the Great 세종대왕 동상
I'm such a Running Man kid that when the uber passed by the statue I could recognised the place within seconds. The statue looks really impressive from a distance away, and if you're interested in Korean history, Sejong Center is nearby which exhibits the story of King Sejong & Admiral Yi Sun-sin. If you're a Running Man kid - that's Episode 7, one of my favourite episode till date.

I was attending an event which it's building was right beside Gyeongbokgung Palace. View before sunset:
Gyeongbokgung Palace

And view after sunset - so pretty with the mountain backdrop!

Jongno 3

I met up with the Korean traveler I met in Heidelberg 7 years ago! [DE; 2019] Solo Series | Heidelberg We were following each other on IG at these while, and I thought will be nice to meet her again since I'm in Seoul.

She asked what I would like to try - and I told her Pojangmacha 포장마차!
Jongno 3(sam)-ga Pocha Street 종로3가 포장마차 골목
It was a street filled with red tents, almost every tent was full with people, but we managed to find one which was ran by a lovely ajumma.

Some of the food that we ordered:

I'm so glad that I came with a local Korean - otherwise the ordering culture will be too overwhelming for a kindergarten level Korean. The taste well was average, but the vibe was 100%.

After dinner - we went for a short walk to digest off some of the food:

She brought me to the latest dating hot spot in Seoul - Chungmu-ro. It was all filled with bright neon lights, food, people, and "hotels". But it didn't feel very dodgy, instead, it was quite cool to see how a previous paper / printing industrial area transformed into a modern vibrant area which just a light touch.


She was pointing out restuarants that didn't remove the previous business signs - for instance "C.T.P" in this photo below - I guess that is the Korean way of keep their history.

Euljiro Nogari Alley 을지로 노가리골목
This is probably one of the most prettiest alley in that area. Loved the neon colours bringing out the new vibe!

Marking the end of my Seoul work trip - my personal holiday in South Korea next!

Comments

Trending Posts