[KR; 2017] Solo Series | Dongmyo Station 동묘앞역

Dongmyo Station 동묘앞역

If you have catching all my solo Korea Seoul posts, you would have known that the accommodation I booked was near Dongmyo Station 동묘앞역!  This post will bring you through some shopping and dinning fun around the area if you are intending to stay in that area too!

Shopping @ Dongmyo Flea Market!

It was a rather fun place to be, and it grabbed some attention when G-Dragon visited this area with co-host Infinite Challenge for their fashion buys for one of the variety's segment. 

So this fashionable area is walkable from the Station Exit 3!

Lots of clothes were just dumped lorry by lorry onto the ground. It is like a treasure hunt for your fashion.

There is also an area for vintage collectors to make their picks!

And an alley for some snacks!

Dongmyo actually means East Temple, but too bad the temple was under renovation.

Dinning!

There are lots of localised food within walking distance from the station.

Jomaru Pork Bone Soup 조마루감자탕신설점

 Jomaru Pork Bone Soup 조마루감자탕신설점http://www.jomaru.co.kr/
37 Nangye-ro 29-gil, Sungin-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul
Opens 24 hours!
The famous dish is this Potatoes Pork Bone Soup! The soup was amazing when the weather was rather cold at night, refreshing I would say. And the pork bone was superb huge (jaw dropped when I took it out from the soup)! Must try, I would say!

Unknown Seafood / BBQ Shop

I was super hungry that night and just randomly walked into the store, I actually wanted to BBQ pork alone but it set meal attracted me!

How can a Korea trip do without Kimchi Soup! So thankfully the staff can speak simple Chinese so I can avoid having beef in the soup.

Unknown Famous Fried Chicken Store

When you google fried chicken in dongmyo, not doubt the famous fried-chicken chain store Kyochon will appear. But if you ask the locals, this unknown famous fried chicken will be their number 1 choice! It is located right opposite Kyochon branch; you won't miss it because they were deep frying the chicken right outside the store (super close to the traffic lights)!

While all the locals were having fried chicken with beer, I'm having it with coke! 4,000 won for 1 whole spring chicken, what a steal!

Loved the fried chicken so much that I wished I can bring it back to Singapore! Usually chicken breast meat tasted abit dry and tough, but they marinated well enough that it was juicy and tender!

Isaac Toast & Coffee 이삭 토스트 & 커피

The most hype toast in Seoul has a branch near Dongmyo!

Skipped the hostel breakfast to grab some bread from them. Can't really recall what I exactly had, but all I can say... it deserved the hype! It tasted still good after hours I had bought it (had it when I'm on the bus to airport)!

This marks the end of my solo trip to Korea, I hope it has been useful for your planning to Korea Seoul! I hope I can travel to Korea again, but further away from Seoul, to the more rural areas! (I guess I need to brush up on my Korean first) (;

Comments

Trending Posts