[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Xitou (Monster Village + Nature Education Area)

Xitou 溪頭!

I always wanted to visit the Monster Village badly. So thanks to my blog reader, he told me that this place is worth a visit, so off I go to explore~

How to get there?

As I'm travelling during the weekday, so most of the buses does not stop at Taichung Train Station, I had to travel bit further down to Taichung Gancheng Station (台中干城站). Grab a 1 day pass from the mini-bus station. (Otherwise you can board the bus at Taichung HSR Station)
Nantou Bus 南投客運 (台灣好行-溪頭線)http://www.ntbus.com.tw/tour-xitou.html;
No. 35-8, Section 1, Shuangshi Road, Central District, Taichung City
NT$420 (1-day pass)

You will be welcomed by the cute decorations on the bus!

Reminder: Upon alighting from the bus, you need to grab the return tickets queue number from Xitou Bus Station! If there is no tickets available, no worries, just choose a bus timing (not the last bus though) and queue for the additional tickets!

怪物村 Monster Village

It's quite a fun place to explore!
怪物村 Monster Villagehttp://www.mingshan.com.tw/;
南投縣鹿谷鄉內湖村興產路2-3號


Things to do / see over there!

The structures and buildings over there are impressive!


Scary looking post box!

The bakery over there was good, I grab so much snacks from there back! & it wasn't very overpriced.

Had my brunch over there! Very interesting black noodles which only costed less than NT$50? The price is too good to be true in such touristy attractions!

They had quite bit of activities over there to engage the visitors! Like monster interview -

Or photo taking, lucky me!

Xitou Nature Education Area 溪頭自然教育園區

If you bought the 1-day, you will have a free entrance to this nature park! So many old folk hiking over there, I felt so embarrass cause I only hiked an hour or so, and I'm tired, so many of them manage to hike further then me! If you would like to hike till the peak, it will take around 6 hours or so!
(click to enlarge the map!)
Xitou Nature Education Area 溪頭自然教育園區http://www.exfo.ntu.edu.tw/sitou/cht/;
南投縣鹿谷鄉森林巷9號


I don't hike often, so I know I can't be too ambitious, so I decided to just hike until the Ginkgo Trees area (銀杏)! & the best surprise of the hike was to meet wild squirrels! The uncle was rather nice to throw them some feeds so I can take photos of them!

Ginkgo Trees!

& some random trees?

I was busying enjoying the nature that I did not took much photos of that place, but it was a great place to be in!

& I managed to get my return trip back on the same day by queuing the additional tickets queue! Otherwise I was planning a staycation with the monsters that night!

Comments

Trending Posts