[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Taichung City

Taichung City!

What's my favourite way to travel around Taichung City? Definitely cycling! (ok... this sounds like an advertisement but it's not!) Youbike is everywhere~



Accommodation

Trans Inn 传思文旅

Verdict: Loved the rooms, huge and spacious; and the rooms were affordable! But the staff were a bit lacking in travel knowledge, I enquire about how to travel to Gaomei Wetlands, they told me not to bother to take the public transport (it was inconvenient and etc), and promoted their package services to the wetlands. It was rather disappointing, cause there are actually buses (which was super convenient) that heads to Gaomei Wetlands. Maybe they thought I'm a newbie to Taiwan travel, ha caught you hard-selling!
Trans Inn 传思文旅http://www.trans-inn.com/;
No. 150, Zhongxiao Road, South District, Taichung City


Sight-Seeing

Cultural Heritage Park 文化部文化資產園區


It was quite a nice place to take photos and it wasn't really crowded, perhaps because I went during the weekday. Definitely a good place to chill and spend some time roaming around these old factories turned into artistic area.
Cultural Heritage Park 文化部文化資產園區https://tccip.boch.gov.tw/;
No. 362, Section 3, Fuxing Road, South District, Taichung City


Edibles

Maido Ookini Shokudo 站前食堂

This restaurant is hidden inside the new bus interchange mall right beside Taichung Train station.

They BBQ the salmon right in-front of you!

Loved the Japanese wide selection of food~ Simple yet sinful!
Maido Ookini Shokudo 站前食堂https://www.shokudo.com.tw/;
No. 88, Xinmin Street, East District, Taichung City


Miyahara Ice Cream 宮原眼科

The most famous ice cream, I would say in Taiwan, yet I never tried before!

The wide ice cream flavour ranges and free sampling until you find something you like!

Better than what I expected! I thought a single scoop does not comes with any sides, but I was wrong! Got the popular cheese cake side, and surprising it when well with the matcha ice cream!
Miyahara Ice Cream 宮原眼科http://www.miyahara.com.tw/index-go.php;
No. 20, Zhongshan Road, Central District, Taichung City


Zhongxiao Road Night Market 忠孝夜市

I'm not someone who fancy night market, I'm went because it was right in-front of the accommodation. More local and less crowded, just what I like night market to be!

Tried this seems to be famous sugar cane with milk! & it really surprised me, it was good!
Sugar Cane Milk Drink - 茗阳甘蔗牛奶大王;
Beside No. 151, Zhongxiao Road, South District, Taichung City
& tried this forever crowded and the queue never ends bubble tea!

Nothing impressive, just that the bubble tea serves in huge cups!
Bubble Tea - 阿義紅茶冰(忠孝店)https://www.facebook.com/阿義紅茶冰-忠孝總店-227713784060083/;
No. 196-4, Zhongxiao Road, South District, Taichung City

When I was living in Taiwan, I loved to go those stalls which I get to pick my favourite ingredients and they will cook for me. As I was craving for one badly, I settled for a bowl of 滷味! My favourite must have picks are a packet of instant noodle, veges, enokitake & some slices of meat. & my favourite sauce to go with is Shacha sauce (沙茶酱)!
Braised Dishes - 魯夫滷味 (忠孝直營店)https://www.facebook.com/Ann123520/;
No. 123, Zhongxiao Road, South District, Taichung City

Need more ideas where to go in Taichung? Click on the ‘Travel Taiwan' tab and scroll to the 'Taichung' posts!

Comments

Trending Posts