[AU; 2023] MONA – Museum of Old and New Art

MONA! I extended my Tasmania trip as I wanted to visit this museum.

How to get there?

There are a few options to reach MONA - drive, public transport (bus), uber, cycle and of course the popular ferry.

I went for the ferry option as I wanted to experience the scenic ride!

There is a long flight of stairs to reach MONA if you're going for the ferry option - but there is an accessible tunnel option only for those who needs it.

It was quite an awesome view from the museum!

There was no default route; so I started from the bottom level and head up back to ground floor.
There is a bar within the museum.

There is a composer that creates new music everyday in the museum. And will showcase it at a certain timing.
A lot of the exhibitions are in the dark, so if you're afraid of darkness, please be prepared.

This was really very special - it was a exhibition of spider webs and at the end of it there was a spider oracle reading. You have to download the museum app and when you are very near to this room, it will pop a random chance to draw a slot for the reading. Too bad I didn't get it.

A lot of nice spaces for photography :)

Another composer that showcase the music of the day at 4pm.

Very rare white spaces in this dark museum.

This museum is well-known as the adults Disneyland... some of the exhibitions are really out of the world. I'm not sharing that, if you're interested, visit the museum.

Headed out of the museum, there are a couple more things to see:
There was a huge space for food and just hanging around.

Some mirror exhibition which requires additional entrance fees.

And a winery...!

I was lucky to be visiting during a public holiday so there are additional ferries operating, I get to return back to city slightly earlier!

As I went alone, I spent roughly 2.5 hours just walking around the different exhibitions, taking photos and such. If you go with a pair or group; definitely more time is needed for food, play and photos, maybe 3-4 hours. There were some special exhibitions I missed out due to the public holiday crowd.

MONA – Museum of Old and New Art
655 Main Rd, Berriedale TAS 7011, Australia

Comments

Trending Posts