[KR; 2017] Solo Series | Dongdaemun 동대문

Dongdaemun 동대문

Dongdaemun is like the shopping paradise in Seoul. I was there 10 years ago, and like my visit to Ewha, I dont remember a single thing at all.

First thing I passed by was this Shoe Street. There were plenty shoes displayed everywhere that I really don't know what was suitable for me. I guess too spoilt for choices was a turn off for an indecisive person like me.

There were like many shopping malls to shop, and there were 2 different types. Half of the malls' format are similar to Bangkok's Pratunam Shopping Mall. So you really have to stroll down lanes by lanes to find suitable clothes. The another half are similar to department stores, which are more organised.

There is a duty-free LINE Store!!! There is a duty-free LINE Store!!! There is a duty-free LINE Store!!! Located at DOOTA!
DOOTA Mall, http://www.doota-mall.com/index.do
275 Jangchungdan-ro, Gwanghui-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul
It was a cuteness overloaded shop and beware your pockets from burning a hole! (note that the prices tagged are all after duty-free and in USD, you want to pay in won, they will use their inhouse exchange rate) Remember to bring along your passport and flight details printout for their records to enjoy duty-free items!
Their plushie keychains were quite affordable, ranging from USD3-5 , good for gifts to friends or colleagues!

I shopped almost all the malls that I can enter in that Dongdaemun area. Please don't ask me which mall was my favourite, cause I really have no idea what malls I went.

So when my legs were giving up, I entered a "department" style mall and sat at their sofa for almost 30mins. Chanced upon this watch shop right opposite my resting area, so I was resting and also eye shopping for watches at the same time. And I bought a watch for myself eventually!
OST, https://www.facebook.com/www.ost.co.kr/
look out for foreigner discount; so remember to bring along your passport for shopping!
The most prominent building in Dongdaemun must be the Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) 동대문디자인플라자!
Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) 동대문디자인플라자, http://www.ddp.or.kr/main
 There is an indoor Design Market, and an outdoor Creative Market!

And the outdoor market sells all kind of nice looking food!

I bought some fried chicken with tteokbokki from this ALIVE STREET FOOD TRUCK!
Can't remember how much it costed, but the taste and everything was great! Satisfied both my fried chicken craving and also tteokbokki attempt!

Highlight in Dongdaemun Design Plaza is this bed of LED roses!
I am not someone who fancy over roses but they are so so so pretty and I can't bare to leave! And this pretty roses marked my day in a great note!

Comments

Trending Posts