[AU; 2022] Brisbane City Hotel Reviews: Luxury VS Simplicity

Travelling is back! And the first city I visited was Brisbane, Australia. This post will feature 2 hotels within the Brisbane City as an option / consideration for you if you're torn between staying at the city centre or slightly at the outer.


The Westin Brisbane

111 Mary St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia

It is located very in the city center; 5 minutes walk to the Botanic Gardens, River, Queens Street and all the public transport.

The rooms are huge and spacious - but felt it a little lonely for a single traveler.


Needless to say the washroom was large with lots of spaces for you to start unpacking your personal stuffs and place them all around.


My travel companion did a bed test and was satisfied with the bed softness and coziness. Everything was perfect. And the housekeeping did a great job making sure my travel companion enjoyed the bed by tucking it into the bedsheets. (I usually don't ask for housekeeping to be more environmental friendly, but it was the 3rd night and I felt the room to freshen up a little)


Food and desserts served by the hotel was great, nothing to pick about it. I had both breakfast and lunch buffets supplied by the hotel kitchen.


There were plenty of outdoor spaces for you to chill and relax. The weather was nice in late April!

Something I forgot to document was the pool - I went during a time where there were some swimming activities so being considerate, I didn't take any photos of it.

Downside: As the hotel is in the city area, there isn't any nice window view out there. Tall building and you can literally see couples at the opposite building having their breakfast in their balcony. I had my curtains closed throughout, which was quite a pity.

But if you are looking for a good quality staycay, with comfy beds, spacious environment and friendly hotel staff. This is definitely this place to be in!

Selina Brisbane

466 George St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia

After a few nights of luxury, I lugged my luggage and walk all the way to the other side of the city for this newly opened hotel. The room was modern looking with tons of my favourite type of furniture, it totally looked like a room I would pin for reference. The only disappointment was the window binder, it wouldn't roll up further - probably something was stuck.

I peeked behind the binds, and it has a great view of the Roma street station. But the morning sun was rather glaring even with the binds down.


Check-in was simple as I've completed the online app filling up everything. Maybe something to improve for the counter staff to explain more about the facilities - I ended up making a few trips back to the counter to ask for hairdryer and the common kitchen. But the hairdryer was probably one of the best I had.


The washroom looks a little old - this hotel was a takeover from a previous hostel, so I guess the washroom wasn't really revamped. But clean enough for me.


My travel companion did a bed test again, of course you can't compare with Westin's bed but they're still relatively comfy for the price paid.


There were many common areas all over the building, where you can have a cup of coffee/tea with another person you may have just met in the lift.


Co-working spaces are the trend and they took consideration of this! You can work, attend meetings and stay all in the same building!


The common kitchen is one of the prettiest I ever seen out of all the hostels/hotels I ever stayed.


Cooking a simple instant noodles wasn't a problem - it is a fully equipped kitchen! (It was a public holiday and many places were closed, so glad I had my instant noodle with me).

Downside: Other than the Roma Street Station and Park are around the corner, it is a longer walk to the popular attractions.

But if you don't mind spending more time walking around the city (like me), why not! I even discovered a nice route to head to the river bank which I will share in my future post!


If you like my content - do follow me on Instagram > @ohhtravel

Comments

Trending Posts