[NZ; 2023] Christchurch City's Accommodation

Sharing with you 2 places I stayed in Christchurch, New Zealand:

Hotel Give

When I travel alone, I don't really fancy big hotels, big rooms; price is what I'm more concern about. I searched quite intensively within the city and found this little place called Hotel Give by The Kind Foundation. The profits they make are all invested into the work of the foundation - for children, young people and vulnerable groups, the more I need to support!

Hotel Give
12 Hereford Street, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand

At first I wasn't sure if this is located at the best place within Christchurch City - it was my first time visiting. And I have to say... the location is fantastic even though it is not right at the city center! Botanic Gardens just 5 mins walk away, Art Center across the street, a big bus stop within 10 mins walk, city center 10-15 mins walk.


That's all I get in the room, and that's all I need. A bed to sleep :)

The washroom is shared, but really kept very clean by all and the cleaners.

There are even function rooms within the hotel, plenty facilities like a student hostel vibe!

What I really liked was the cafe at the lobby, look at the number of treats! Loved the hot chocolate!
Highly recommended if you are traveling Christchurch alone - stay and give back to the community!

Airbnb

The second half of my trip was related to work, hence booked an airbnb to accommodate more people and also decent working space. This is located at the east of the city.

Carebnb
The house is like a mini townhouse, their rooms are very well furnished, overall we liked the house very much!


We even saw a very pretty double rainbow right outside the house:
It is more like a residential area, hence you may need to walk to the city center to grab food. Nonetheless, everything was great, quiet and safe.

Stay tune for my other travel posts for Christchurch!

Comments