[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Kavalan 噶瑪蘭

A day trip with "guided" tour to Kavalan
A bit of explanation on the term 'Kavalan':
"The Kavalan or Kuvalan are an indigenous people of Taiwan, part of the larger Taiwanese aborigine ethnic group. The Kavalan originally inhabited modern-day Yilan County. Most of them moved to the coastal area of Hualien County and Taitung County in the 19th century. Their language is also known as Kavalan." -Wikipedia

#1 Sansing Township 三星鄉

My guided bus trip was 2hours from New Taipei City to Sansing Township.
There are also free buses from Luodong Train Station to Sansing Township if you are interested heading there yourself.
三星鄉免費巴士, Bus Timing
The guided bus drove us to this spring/green onion farm 蔥仔寮體驗農場 to experience harvesting!
After some introduction by the farm's guide, we were brought to the spring onion field!
^^to prove that I did experience harvesting of the spring onion (camera shy)

^^TADA!

^^we get to experience how to wash the spring onions using the spring water from some nearby mountain; the water was freezing cold!

After that we get to learn how to make spring onion pancake 蔥油餅 after a short demonstration by the guide.
^^All equipments and ingredients prepared by the farm

^^My very first handmade Spring Onion Pancake!

After that we get to taste our own handmade Spring Onion Pancake...
^^The uncle busy frying all of the pancakes

^^My Spring Onion Pancake; and it was really daebak (good)!

^^get to enjoy my own pancake in such a beautiful view

蔥仔寮體驗農場, http://0937995104.tranews.com/,
booking hotline: 0937-995-104, address: 宜蘭縣三星鄉天福村東興路13號之2
Guided farm tour:
  • NT$200 (inclusive of harvesting spring onion and making spring onion pancake experience)
  • NT$100 (harvesting spring onion experience)

#2 Dongshan Township 冬山鄉


Next, the guided bus drove us to Dongshan Township to do some BBQ for lunch and DIY painting of clothes.

The BBQ was quite a disaster for my group so I wasnt interested to take any photo.
^^DIY painting
We played paint gun after that but did not bring my camera along with me so did not manage to take any photos.
旺樹園養生休閒農場, http://www.9612888.com.tw/page1.htm
There are many other activities in this farm that is worth trying out!

#3 Plum Blossom Lake 梅花湖

It is located at a walkable distance from the 旺樹園養生休閒農場, as it was pretty dark at night, no matter how I tried to take a photo of the lake it turns out pretty scary. So I better not post any photos about the lake. The lake was quite pretty in the dark; I went to google and it's daytime view was quite awesome!

There is a mini night market over there where it sells all kinds of nice food; but due to the time limited I din manage to grab anything to eat. (that's why I hated guided tours)

Based on the official website, there is a boat ride around the lake during the daytime, maybe this should be something I like to try when I travel over here by myself next time.
梅花湖船舶遊湖 Boat Ride, http://scenery.e-land.gov.tw/releaseRedirect.do?unitID=123&pageID=6669

This marks the end my first guided tour in Taiwan. So glad it was just a one day trip!

Comments

Trending Posts