[TW; 2013] Living in Taiwan Series | Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station 國父紀念館站

A guide for Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station

Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station does not only have the huge beautiful memorial hall, it's surroundings consist many nice foods and also shopping. If you love to shop Taiwan's online shops for clothes, cosmetics and etc, you definitely have to bookmark this post for your next Taiwan trip!
  
FOOD
1. HONG KONG茶水摊
HONG KONG茶水攤; 106, Taiwan, 台北市 Lane 137, Yanji St, 6之2號
Nearest Metro Exit: EXIT 1
This Hongkong Cafe is quite popular for their Pineapple Buns I think, but I did not try them. Ordered their Milk Tea and it was rather sweet, or maybe I have low tolerance for sweet stuffs. The Char Siew Rice was alright, just taste like what I had normally in Singapore.

2. twelve cupcakes
twelve cupcakes; 106, Taiwan, Taipei City, 光復南路260巷1號
Nearest Metro Exit: EXIT 2
Yes, it is the Singapore's twelve cupcakes! And it was a cafe type of concept where you can order your cupcakes, have a cup of coffee or tea and mingle with your friends! I was feeling excited cause it felt like home, I was eating quite alot of their cupcakes before I went Taiwan. Taste wise, almost the same as the ones I had in Singapore. It was really handmade with love! And during festive seasons they will introduce some new creations/designs which were very appealing! The prices are slightly more expensive than SG.

3. 大王食堂
大王食堂; Taiwan, 台北市 Lane 137, Yanji St, 20號
Nearest Metro Exit: EXIT 1
I tried 刈包, tasted not that bad but I still perferred that stall at Wufenpu. Anyway, this stall is famous for their Fried Instant Noodles 炒泡麵, but I did not tried that because the second time I went there they were too busy frying instant noodles for their takeaway that they rejected our order. )':

4. 镜江韩式无烟铜烤
 镜江韩式无烟铜烤; 106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Daan District, 延吉街131巷29號
Nearest Metro Exit: EXIT 1
A less crowded restaurant to have Korean BBQ. The Korean owners were very helpful and friendly, they specially fried sugar-coated tapioca for us, which was very delicious. Everything over there is free flow and less than NT$500, although the food range is small, but it is super cheap for the amount of food we ate.

5. 巴克斯韭菜盒子
巴克斯韭菜盒子; 106, Taiwan, 台北市大安區延吉街137巷30號
Nearest Metro Exit: Exit 1
Claimed to be the best 蛋餅 around 東區dongqu. So we decided to patronize despite passing by the stall several times during our stay. I have to say, it is really very nice! We ordered some fusion favoured that was quite cheesy and it tasted really good! Their service was super fast, we just ordered and the next second it was ready for collection. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

6. 長鴻小館
長鴻小館; 106, Taiwan, 台北市大安區光復南路200巷5號
Nearest Metro Exit: Exit 1
A food stall that you will miss out or judge it, cause the exterior looks really shabby, just a red tent and that's all. But they sell really cheap japanese food and it was really delicious. (or am I too hungry that day?) I ordered a simple dish - seafood fried rice, the seasoning and everything was perfectly good! The lady owner promised us to treat us jelly the next time we patronize, but i doubt she can remember us.

7. 骚豆花
Having a bowl of warm beancurd in cold weather is the best! This is one of my favourite beancurd stalls in Taiwan and definitely heading out to try their seasonal (strawberry/mango) beancurd.
https://www.facebook.com/j3222168
骚豆花; 106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Daan District, 延吉街131巷26號
Nearest Metro Exit: Exit 1
 8. Mocadi 莫卡迪義法創意料理

It is like a fusion of Italy and French cuisine. I love their bread and also their sides! And their spaghetti goes well with their sauce. Had a great meal over there, would recommend this stall if you are looking for delicious spaghetti meal at affordable prices!
https://www.facebook.com/mocadi.tw
Mocadi 莫卡迪義法創意料理; 106, Taiwan 台北市大安區光復南路280巷49號
Nearest Metro Exit: Exit 2

SHOP
All shops are on the same street! Introducing some shops that I will enter everytime without fail. All of them have their own online shop, so just a tip is to view their website before entering the shop so you get an idea what you want, if not you will get spoil for too much choices.

All Shops located on: 敦化南路一段161巷 (Lane 161, Section1, Dunhua South Road), hence it is referred by some insiders as 敦南網拍街 (Dunhua Online Shop Street).

1. simple mixi
They have another outlet on the same street but this is bigger outlet. Selling quite alot OL dresses and blazers at average prices. If you're lucky, they may have a buy-one-get-one-free promotion where I bought a pant and a dress at NT$290!
台北市敦化南路一段161巷71-1號
台北市敦化南路一段161巷49號
FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simple-MiXi/170027799173
Website: http://www.chaseapp.cc/shop/1220

2. starMIMI
They mostly sells korean clothings and the price is above average. I bought a top from them and washed it for many times, the material is still in good condition, that top costed me NT$590 which burned a big hole in my pocket.
106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Daan District; 敦化南路一段161巷63號
Website: https://www.starmimi.com/

3. QUEEN SHOP
A less crowded QUEEN SHOP compared to Shida's. Although the crowd is slightly more than Ximending's but they have almost every design in this outlet. Their price range is from average to above average. They have good designs but need to take note of the quality of the clothes. I bought a top for NT$490 and that is the average pricing of the clothes over there.
106, Taiwan, 台北市大安區; 台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷24號
 4. Others
Some other shops that worth to visit, just that I have no time to take a photo.

A) 小三美日平價美妝 (Little Three Cosmetics)
They sell cosmetics in cheap prices but you can compare their prices with 86小舖 (86 Shop). Like what I mentioned previously, do check out their website first before heading down, cause some brands Little Three may sell it a little cheaper than 86 Shop and vice versa. Saving little money you can reward yourself with a cup of bubbletea at the end of the day!
台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷27號
FB: https://www.facebook.com/little3.duenhua/timeline
Website: https://www.s3.com.tw/

B) 86小舖 (86 Shop)
Located at the next lane of the online shops street is the rival of Little Three. Just less than 5mins walk. That's why you need to do some homework before shopping! I prefer shopping in 86 Shop because they imports more brands I know off which are not available in Little Three.
台北市大安區敦化南路一段177巷28號
Website: https://www.86shop.com.tw/

C) Stay Real Shops
There are plenty of Stay Real shops over there, each shop sells sort of different patterns/designs of their tees. I feel it will be better if they organize everything in one store. But oh well, some marketing/branding strategy I guess. Not going to post the address because you don't need it if you are going to walk down the whole stretch of street, it's basically everywhere!
Website: www.istayreal.com

D) Jolie 17
A shop that some Taiwanese bloggers love to purchase from them. Their clothes are more towards cool, stylist Korean fashion. Their clothes prices are super high I guess average around NT$1000? But based on blog reviews their clothes quality are well-known to be good. So I guess it is worth the price hah.
台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷42號
FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolie17/146973548660868

E) LOVEBABYTWINS
Another shop I get to know due to Taiwanese bloggers, again. I can locate their shop but I never get a chance to enter it, because I can't find the stairs to go up level 2. So, anyone that went before please enlighten me.
台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷38號2楼
Website: https://www.lovebabytwins.com.tw
F) Oh! My Girl
They have an outlet at Shida which is forever crowded with people. This outlet is much smaller and they priced their clothes much higher, around 1.5-2times higher compared to Shida. So would only recommend to purchase their clothes if you are very sure that they will not have a similar design selling at a cheaper price at Shida. Most of their clothes have a korean label, hence I presume they are more a Korean fashion shop?
台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷12號
FB: https://www.facebook.com/ohmygirl161

That marks the end of introducing Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station 國父紀念館站, alternatively you can walk over from Zhongxiao Dunhua Station EXIT1 for the "Online Shop Street".

TIP: Simple mixi and Oh! My Girl are both at the extreme end, so do some sorting of the shop address (focusing on the 號 part) you can briefly know what shop to expect along the street. (Unless I manage to dig some time out to draw a map)

TIP2: If you have been reading alot of my posts, you will know I'm a quite a budget person. NT$400-500 is my definition of average price. Maybe I shop too much over at Wufenpu.

Enjoy Shopping! 

Comments

Trending Posts