[TH; 2014] BKK Part 1

Before I start my Thailand-BKK trip. Some super basic Thai Language you need to know.
Everyone knows Sawadee (สวัสดี) is hello in thai.
But for guy is Sawadee Krap; for female is Sawadee Kha.

I've been seeing my Instagram/Facebook/Twitter feeds, where everyone just loosely using Krap/Kha. (Krap is the sentence ending particle for guys, and Kha is the sentence ending particle for females.)
Please don't mix them up!

So, Sawadee Kha, and I will be dividing my BKK trip into 4parts. This is the first part!
---

I arrived at BKK around 8:30pm, the Suvarnabhumi Airport was practically empty. And my friend who flew to BKK one day earlier told me there was a jam at the highway at this timing, so we took the airport rail link.

1) Airport > LemonTea Hotel

The Airport Rail Link is all the way down at the basement.
The website is abit confusing; there are 2 types of rail- Express and City Line.
Express means it will skip the first few stations at the suburbs and go directly to the city, but City Line it will stops at the suburbs and also the city.

We opted for the City Line as (1) save some money, (2) we are not in a rush.

It was rather cheap, less than 45baht for a trip.
The train breadth of the train is smaller compared to those normal metro.

We alighted at Ratchaprarop Station, which was the second last stop.
As I did not subscribe any sim card, so I did not have googlemap to aid me. I just recall what I saw on the googlemap the day before and just blindly walking around without any map. It took me 15-20mins to reach, which was somewhat close to the timing googlemap predicted.
Some guidance I can give:
After climbing down from the stairs/escalators of the station, facing the main road turn right > walk down until you see a KFC signboard at 45° > Turn right and passby KFC > facing Baiyoke Sky Hotel turn left > (if you reach at night you need to go through the night market) > at the next junction turn right and walk straight (you will pass by The 93 Hotel and White Palace Hotel) > there will be a sign near White Palace Hotel to tell you to turn left > Walk around 3 mins and you will reach the hotel

 
 ^^I love their hotel lobby design; so cosy

 
^^Welcome drink - A cup of Ice Lemon Tea. It was exactly the same taste as the Nestlé Ice Lemon Tea I had in Taiwan.

 
^^Room key!

Family Room: 1 Single Bed + 1 Double Bed (In a room)

Double Room:
Overall, I was really satisfied with the rooms and also their service. The wifi provided the in the room was pretty fast too.

This was the first time I book a hotel room using 3rd party websites and I was quite surprise it turned out to be quite hassle-free (for me and not for the staff). As I booked through two 3rd party websites:
www.zuji.com.sg and www.agoda.com.

Why two? Because Zuiji was having 15-20% promotion for HSBC card, but they only listed Double Room in their option. So I had to book the Family Room at Agoda, and by using DBS card I get 5-10% off. So I saved quite alot instead of booking from lemontea hotel's website! So do take note of the different banks promotion on different 3rd party websites.

So the staff asked me why did I booked through 2 websites, and I cant tell her I'm trying to save some money. Instead, I feedback her about Zuiji's problem. Hopefully my feedback went through! XD
www.lemonteahotel.com, 55 Soi Petchburi15 Petchburi Rd., Ratchthevi Bangkok Thailand 10400, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
2) LemonTea Hotel > Centre Point Petchburi 15
We were pretty hungry, and according to the staff there was some seafood around this hotel area. Just 5-7minutes walk from the hotel.

There were 2 stalls around the Mcdonalds area, but I guess the one recommended by the staff was the pretty long queue stall. We ended up having our dinner at the other stall which was run by some Chinese.
The meal was alright just that the price don't justify the portion. We spend like 1200baht on this dinner. It was totally not worth it.

3) Centre Point Petchburi 15 > LemonTea Hotel
We headed back to the hotel and pop-by the 7-11 next to lemontea hotel.


 
^^Some stuffs I bought from 7-11 

^^BKK 7-11 do sell seaweed rice ball like Taiwan's 7-11

This marks the end of my first part of BKK trip.
Phop Gan Mai (พบกันใหม่)! It means seeya soon!

Comments

  1. Nice post with beautiful pics and useful information. I am highly impressed, keep sharing. Thanks.


    Bangkok Airport Transfer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us . Bangkok airport transfer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog with very useful content. Thanks for posting.

    Bangkok Airport Transfer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so charmed I found your blog, I truly found you unintentionally, while I was watching on google for something different, Anyways I am here now and could simply prefer to state thank for a colossal post and an overall engaging site download tik tok videos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts