[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Part 18 - Taipei

Route Info: Wanfang Hospital Station > Shandao Temple Station > Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station > Longshan Temple Station > Ximending
(
萬芳醫院站 > 善導寺站 > 國父紀念館站 > 龍山寺站 > 西門町)

DAY14
1. Wanfang Hospital Station > Shandao Temple Station
Left Ms B's rental house and headed to Shandao Temple Station for my airbnb stay!

The host Reiko was a very kawai Japanese teacher! And she communicated with me through LINE beforehand and gave me very specific instructions to get to her house.

She told me she won't be in to facilitate the check-in, so she left the keys at her somewhere safe for me to find it.

Ended up, she was in the house. HAHA
The room is rather small, like a store-room makeover. But everything is in the room, however there is no aircon. So if you book this room during the summer, I guess it will be hard to sleep in.
Huàshān Next DoorA, https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/4992245, S$35/night excluding airbnb fees

2. Shandao Temple Station > Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station
Walked over to one of my favourite lanes near Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station - Lane 137, Yanji Street (Near Exit 1). There are plently of good food over there.

Wanted to try the stir-fried magi-mee, but it is closed on Sundays. ):

So I tried a Japanese Stall nearby.
The serving was quite big, however I can't remember the name of the stall. Too hungry to take note the name.

After that headed to another favourite lane near Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station, Lane 161, Dunhua South Road, aka Dunhua Online Shop Street.

Shopping Heaven for me, grabbed some cosmetics for myself and for friends.

I've did a write up on this area previously. [Living in TW] Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station 國父紀念館站 do check it out if you're interested in this area

3. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station > Longshan Temple Station > Ximending
Met up with my Taiwanese friend, and we had my favourite 甜不辣 Tempura over there.

I also did a write up on this area previously. [Living in TW] Long Shan Si 龍山寺 do check it out too!

As the previous time I went in the afternoon, so I did not manage to walk around the night market. This time round, I had the chance to experience the crowded "Longshan Temple".

My Taiwanese friend bought this sticky sweet coated with some powder sugar.
It tasted really good. She said this was a traditional snack and she had it since young.

We wanted to find a proper place to have dinner, so we rent 2 youbikes and cycled to Ximending. A good way to exercise and save some metro money.

So thankful of her to spare out her precious studying time to bring me out. (':

On the way back, I went to collect my loots from online at 7-11.
 
I think I did not mention, I went online shopping in Chiayi... If you're going Taiwan in Winter time, Online Shopping is the best way to buy clothes back.

>> Next Post: [Backpack TW] Part 19 - Nanliao

Comments

Trending Posts