[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Part 21 - Taipei & Taoyuan Airport

Route Info: Shandao Temple Station > Hua Shan Market > Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A > Taoyuan Airport
(善導師站 > 華山市場 > 台北車站(西站A棟) > 桃園幾場
)

DAY19
1. Shandao Temple Station > Hua Shan Market
Roamed at the area near the accommodation and found this super long queue at the market.

Being curious, I joined the queue without knowing what are they selling.

I queued for close to 30mins before knowing I was queuing for a breakfast store. (And I had bought breakfast from a shop near the market)

They were so nice to tell you how to queue.

Despite the fact I have already bought my breakfast, I decided not to give up and continue on queuing. I think the total time I took finish the whole queue and got the food was close to 50mins.
 阜杭豆漿, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, Section 1, Zhongxiao E Rd, 108號2F
It is located at Hua Shan Market (華山市場), EXIT 5 of Shandao Temple Station. You won't miss it, the queue is super long all the way to the traffic lights.


Not sure what is nice, so I did some survey and decided to get the same stuffs from people queuing infront of me.
 The staff super recommend this 厚燒餅 Thick Roasted Bread. It tasted really good when it was piping hot. I would recommend to order it with egg, so that the taste will not be so bland.

 The next highly recommended item is the 鹹豆花 Salty Bean curd. But it is not my cup of tea, I do not enjoy the taste of it. It tasted like roasted soup with lots of salt.

2. Hua Shan Market > Taipei West Bus Station > Taoyuan Airport
Rushed back and packed my luggage. And lugged my luggage all the way down 4 levels twice.

It was raining so I decided to take a cab, despite I can take to Taipei West Bus Station by public transport.

The problem was, the distance from Shandao Temple Station is too close to Taipei West Bus Station, and I was afraid the cab driver may not want to drive me to there. And lugging with so much luggages, he may suggest to drive straight to Taoyuan Airport.

So I managed to flag a cab, and the cab driver did suggest to drive me straight to Taoyuan Airport. He stopped suggesting when I lied to him that I am going Kaohsiung by HSR. And the problem is, the cab driver refused to drop me off at the Taipei West Bus Station because he really believed I am taking the HSR, and HSR is not located at the west of Taipei Main Station. (face palm)

Ended up I lugged my luggages from one end of Taipei Main Station to another end, so that I can walk over to Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A (台北車站(西站A棟)).

I've learnt my lesson.
 Bus 1819, NT$120, 55mins, http://www.kingbus.com.tw/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=99
The frequency is really high, less than 10mins and there was another bus.

Checked-in rather early and started buying stuffs in the airport.
 

This officially marks the end of my 19days Solo Backpacking trip in Taiwan.

Really thankful to all the people I met along the way for the 19days. (':

Comments

Trending Posts