[FI; 2022] Day 1 | Helsinki Airport to Hakaniemi

This trip was unplanned - I was given different options to do my layover from Prague back to Singapore, and Helsinki Airport was one of the best options out of all. So I just thought it would be nice to just extend another 2 days around the Helsinki city center since I never been to Finland.

It was the best decision made. I really enjoyed being in Helsinki out of the 3 Europe cities I have been to!

Back to the topic - how to you travel from the airport to the city centre? Bus was the only option for me as my accommodation had an airport bus right in front.

Bus 600; €4.10
40 minutes bus ride from airport to Hakaniemi

 Before you board the bus, I would suggest you to get the day pass! Download this HSL app (apple | android) and select the number of day(s) you require to use the public transport. The airport is located in Zone C and city centre is Zone B; so you definitely need to get Zone B & C! With this pass you can take all the public transport without paying :)


Siltasaarenkatu 14, 00530 Helsinki, Finland
The bus stop is literally just in front of the hotel; not much walk needed. Perfect for a late night arrival to Helsinki where you're unfamiliar with the area in the dark!

It was really a very simple accommodation / hotel - for those who are not fussy.

Although the mattress was super thin, it is probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I never slept on!

Washroom was tiny - since I was traveling alone, I didn't bother closing the washroom door and it made me feel less claustrophobic :)

It was a stone away from the metro station, buses, trams - however the night was very quiet and peaceful. Even a light sleeper like me approves this!

Morning caught me by surprise - it has a fantastic sunrise view right from the room window! (ask for a street view room)

Room came with breakfast and I went for breakfast both days - it was the same menu but food were simple and good.

Something that adds some bonus points about staying around this area - there is a local market just opposite the accommodation!

Hämeentie 1, 00530 Helsinki, Finland
Closes on Sunday
So much things over there - from local produce to gift to food!


One of my best buys over there: this cute Helsinki reindeer

Other than this local market, not forgetting 3 supermarkets in super short walking distance, MacDonald's right beside the accommodation. It was a perfect location for me and I hope after this post you would also consider staying at this area - slightly off city area but lovely place. Hakaniemi!

Comments

Trending Posts