[TW; 2023] Day 6 - Taipei City

Day6

Route: 富士山の豬 > Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall 國立中正紀念堂 > Rongjin Gorgeous Time 榕錦時光生活園區 > Dongmen 東門 > Nap Tea 再睡5分鐘 > Yongle Tainan Fried-Spanish Mackerel Thick Soup 永樂台南土魠魚羹 > Ningxia Night Market 寧夏夜市

1.  富士山の豬

 

A small shop around the Taipei Main Station that sells pork patty danbing, and of course other brunch items:

The portions are really very generous and not very pricey for such a nice cafe vibe! Good brunch place. But I would still prefer my danbing in the more traditional way :)


2. Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall 國立中正紀念堂

  

 Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall 國立中正紀念堂
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8mBcdRSVCgGs8gVz6

Not my first time here but I was always amazed by the huge space!

 
 
 
Lucky us that we managed to see the changing of the guard at the main hall - they happen every hour!

3. Rongjin Gorgeous Time 榕錦時光生活園區

We walked from memorial hall to Rongjin.

Rongjin Gorgeous Time 榕錦時光生活園區
https://maps.app.goo.gl/N34cdKQEnMNyadF17

This place was used to be a prison during the time of Japan occupation. Hence it was very Japanese influence - the style, buildings and etc.




There's a lot of little shops and restaurants. Lots to see and to explore. What really amazed me is this brick wall where it was the actual prison wall.

We stopover at a chocolate shop, and they were selling very unique chocolate gifts!


幸福可可黑巧克力專賣店

The owner was very friendly and allowed us to test a lot of their products before purchase. Happy afternoon tasting chocolates.

4. Dongmen 東門

 

Hao Kung Tao Chin Chi Yuan (Da'an) 好公道金雞園
https://maps.app.goo.gl/PwuhUi8aTpbuTjzj6

We wanted to try this Michelin Bib Gourmand awarded store that was really popular in social media. The wait wasn't too long (less than 15 mins) on a Sunday lunch - the staff will tell you it is fully packed and you need to wait super long, but we realised it was a tactic so that more will takeout vs dine in.

 

 Good range of food listed on the menu:

 
Food was served reasonably fast:

Verdict? I prefer DinTaiFeng just a street away. It didn't give me the wow vibe, just very normal dumplings that I could easily get from night markets or a random stall.

5. Nap Tea 再睡5分鐘

Bubble tea shop opened by a famous Taiwan Youtuber!

  

Nap Tea Taipei Nanyang 再睡5分鐘 - 台北南陽店
https://maps.app.goo.gl/s3m5bjy2h9tUo1kCA

They have multiple of outlets, and even in convenient stores, and this was near the hotel we were staying!



The whole store was so cute and you won't get judge by the staff from taking plenty of photos. They were all very nice and friendly :)
I cannot remember what we ordered, but definitely the top few recommended drinks on the menu. And they tasted yummy - which was rare for a store that was opened by influencers/celebrities. Would totally recommend to grab a cup if you're in Taipei!

6. Yongle Tainan Fried-Spanish Mackerel Thick Soup 永樂台南土魠魚羹


Yongle Tainan Fried-Spanish Mackerel Thick Soup 永樂台南土魠魚羹
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tfP9UC5Tw5Pfa94m7

Back to my favourite store - despite it has low google rating (like just 2.3 stars), super expensive and unfriendly staff. I still make an effort to come every Taipei trip!

Something different this time was I had it late at night, when they were almost ending the day, so the staff was a little bit much friendlier. I would recommend this thick soup if you like your fish to taste a little fishy.

6. Ningxia Night Market 寧夏夜市

 

Ningxia Night Market 寧夏夜市
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1HBVep9FBcjWMGZq9

If you only have 1 night in Taipei - I would recommend Ningxia over the others. Firstly the location is good, near to the city; secondly I feel food are a little more localised; and lastly food there are above average.

 

 

 

 


Tried this famous Michelin's Oyster Omelette!

 

 Yuen Huan Pien Oyster Egg Omelette 圓環邊蚵仔煎
https://maps.app.goo.gl/PvG6XGmhd7Zqtmpm8

The queue was quite... scary hahahaha. Maybe it was a Sunday evening, I recommend to takeaway - there was a shorter queue for it and you can get it within 15 mins or so. The dine in queue was super long that it will probably take an hour.

 

 

It was very yummy - I tried the other oyster omelette stores on the same stretch before and was surprised I didn't come for this previously (I'm sure back then there wasn't much queue, the night market was laid back). Probably one of the few top omelette stores on my list, I liked how chewy the omelette is, don't mind coming back for this!


And the Taiwan trip ended perfectly with a cup of bubble tea :) I cannot wait to travel Taiwan again for my 10th time!

Comments

Trending Posts