[AU; 2026] Final Stop - Sydney | Australia Flash Weekday Trip

Part 3 of my flash week trip to Australia

Day 4

I honestly think that this trip is like an Amazing Race. Racing against time in Australia, checking off 3 cities in 5 days.

Check-in hotel

Caption by Hyatt Central Sydney
Initially I wanted to take a train to Sydney, hence I booked somewhere near the train station. But it was really a nice location - chinatown was just right behind the hotel where you can get food and transport easily.

They have this cool lift, to bring you to the lobby:

In Canberra I was enjoying the big space, but in Sydney, I'm back to the tiny rooms:

It was considered quite decent space in Sydney, I had a good space to do some work and open up my luggage. I will consider booking this place again. Just the washroom is a bit small if you prefer more spacious shower area.

There was a common area which I didn't have the chance to explore, just had a quick glance on the way out:

Dinner

Tilda - Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Had my dinner at a restaurants in Sofitel, and we ordered this pasta dish for sharing - Rigatoni alla Vodka. It was extremely expensive but delicious. This plate costed $90++, but the prawns and pasta were well cooked. Recommend if you're planning for a nice meal around Sydney.

Day 5

Breakfast
Final day in Australia! Starting off the day with a quick breakfast!
Wild Sage

We had a seat indoors, but it wasn't super noisy. Food was served quickly and nice. Recommend if you need a quick breakfast around the harbour.

Shopping & Airport
Before checking out the hotel, I managed to plan my route back to past by chemist warehouse and supermarkets. Grabbing everything I need, pack quickly, and checked out.

Just a small lesson learnt - check out for light rail before you cross the road. I was blindly following the person infront of me, and I didn't notice that a light rail was approaching and the driver was honking at me. (I'm so sorry ><)

Hopped on an uber and arrived the airport craving for Asian food (again!). This sushi stall at inside the departure hall was decent. The miso soup saved me from all the cravings.

This marks the end of my flash weekday trip (Monday - Friday) in Australia!

Comments