[AU; 2026] Second Stop - Canberra | Australia Flash Weekday Trip
Part 2 of my flash weekday trip to Australia
Day 3
Woke up bright and early to catch the domestic flight to Canberra. Something funny happened in the airport - after checking in, my body automatically navigated myself to the international departure hall (I'm too used to it). Everyone panicked that I'm going home too soon.
I was lucky to be travelling someone who has Virgin Airlines lounge access! It wasn't like an amazing spread, but decent breakfast with good beverages. I really liked the pancake machine.


Touching down Canberra & hotel tour
It was my first time in Canberra! And I was so fortunate to be in such a nice autumn weather (autumn is my favourite season).

The hotel staff were very nice to provide an early check-in:

Hotel Realm
Canberra's 5 Star hotel! It was unexpectedly very afforable. I've no idea how, but I got myself a huge room - there was a kitchen, washer, living room, study area and a balcony.






Massive room, and the view was amazing in autumn:


Would be great if I was staying for a couple of days - but just one night!
City tour!
As I only had one night in Canberra, one of our local stakeholder offered a drive us around for a quick city tour. We probably checked off all the must-see in Canberra within an hour.


.jpeg)

.jpeg)

The view at Mount Ainslie was great:
.jpeg)
Mount Ainslie Lookout
And we got to see some wild kangaroos too:
.jpeg)
Lunch & Dinner
Headed back to Hotel Realm for lunch:
.jpeg)
I had a couple of work to do after lunch, and headed back to the hotel restaurant again for dinner:
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
The tacos were yummy!
Day 4
Initially, I booked a train ride from Canberra to Sydney. Picked a nice seat with a good view. And I had to cancel it because I managed to get a car hitch ride to Sydney. So I ended up with a full morning to wander around Canberra city.
Grabbing Breakfast

Ritual Cafe

It was a super crowded cafe - everyone is grabbing their coffee early in the morning. I ordered a hot chocolate and some avo toast. The portion was huge that I was stuffing food into my tummy.
Roaming around the city by foot
I wanted to catch a bus and etc, but I figured that walking will be the best option since I had a heavy breakfast. The weather was great, perfect for a long walk.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
National Archives of Australia
.jpeg)
It was quite a pretty little house! The exhibition area wasn't huge, but decent spaced out.


I hopped over to another place:
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
I enjoyed my time in the gallery - would highly recommend!
There are a couple more museums / galleries in Canberra, if you are a museum / gallery person, definitely need an entire day to just move around places. And they are all walking distance apart.
I followed the footpath towards the lake:
.jpeg)
It was a perfect day:
.jpeg)
Lake Burley Griffin
.jpeg)
It was a beautiful place to unwind:
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
Lunch & goodbye
I took a long detour back to the hotel, and settled on a cafe nearby:

Two Before Ten Barton

The fruit juice was surprisingly good, the burger was great... just that I wanted to have Asian food, so I was a little disappointed I didn't see the special menu before ordering. There was rice with stew!
I honestly think I wouldn't mind staying in Canberra for a couple more days, just enjoying the view and weather. Unfortunately I need to move to another city for work. Ending off my Canberra post with this surreal view on the road to Sydney:
.jpeg)








Comments
Post a Comment