[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Yehliu Geopark & Jinshan Old Street

Yehliu Geopark & Jinshan Old Street!

Another touristy destination that I never went before - Yehliu! So here is my half day guide on Yehliu & Jinshan!

Getting to Yehliu!

There are several methods to head to Yehliu, but after some consideration, I opted for taking a bus from City Hall 市府轉運站.

Look out for Kuo Kuang Bus 1815 at Bus Booth 7! The bus starts from Taipei Main Station, but it will go in circles within Taipei, City Hall is the last stop before it heads to the highway.
【1815】臺北-金山青年活動中心http://www.kingbus.com.tw/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=113

I love bus ride in Taiwan because I'm able to grab a sandwich in the nearest convenient store!

Alighted at Yehliu 野柳 stop - alternatively you can let the driver know and him inform you to alight. Upon alighting follow the road signs and walk another 10mins or so. Many pretty things to capture on the way! The sky was abit gloomy that day - it was raining here and there.


Yehliu Geopark!

 Yehliu Geopark 野柳地質公園http://www.ylgeopark.org.tw/content/index/index.aspx;
No.167-1, Kantung Rd., Yehliu Village, Wanli District, New Taipei City

You need to purchase a entrance ticket - which costed NT80 for adults!

An excited old geography student, happily exploring and taking photos everywhere!

& how can I forget taking a photo with the famous Queen's head!

Insider: Wanna explore Yehliu in a more special way? Check out the night tours or night concerts - https://info0671680.wixsite.com/ylgeopark - if I saw this probably have went for it instead of day time!


Getting to Jinshan!

Yehliu & Jinshan is like a default tour package! Feeling lazy to google, I just poped in the tourist centre in Yehliu on directions to Jinshan. I was told to take this Taiwan Tour Bus right infront of the entrance.
Crown Northern Coast Shuttle Bus 皇冠北海岸線, https://www.taiwantrip.com.tw/line/41
This bus goes to Danshui; so either you can take this bus from Danshui to Yehliu, or visit Danshui after Yehliu. The bus journey was great, it was so close to the coastal lines that I took quite a lot of videos of the sea!

Alight at Jinshan Old Street 金山老街 stop for all the foodies! Or like always, let the driver know you are heading there, so he will give you a heads up to alight.


Jinshan Old Street!

So much, so much, so much food & snacks over there! I find it more enjoyable to shop there compare to Jiufen!

You wouldn't want to see how much snacks I bought back... that one of the shop owner chatted with me for 20 minutes trying to figure out how can I managed all this things alone!

Feel hungry - of course after all the sightseeing & shopping, I settled down for the famous duck stall in Jinshan.
Jinshan Duck Meat 金山鴨肉;
No. 104, Jinbaoli Street, Jinshan District, New Taipei City

Oh my gosh, the portion was so unfriendly for a solo traveller.

I had to stop the staff auntie from adding noodles onto my plate because it was too much. (I told her I will pay for the full price of course). After that, I bargained with the staff uncle for a smaller duck meat portion, and uncle issued me a #lastwarning - he told me "Please don't come here alone next time!". He did not understand the woes being a solo traveller, and insisted giving me standard small portion.

The amount of duck meat and noodles, successfully covered my 3 meals for that day (I'm being serious). Verdict? Noodles were well cooked, smooth and chewy. The duck meat was abit tough, but the sauce was very flavourful - combination abit of saltiness and sweetness. Not very pocket friendly for solo traveller - this proposed 2 pax meal costed NT$200. Being challenged by the uncle, I will come back again with my future boyfriend (runs to find one)!

Comments

Trending Posts