[JP; 2019] Solo Series | Tsukiji Outer Market


I can't believe this market was not on my check-list during my trips to Tokyo! So for this trip, I tried so hard to squeeze it into my schedule and went there for lunch!

Tsukiji Outer Markethttp://www.tsukiji.or.jp/;
4 Chome-16-2 Tsukiji, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan (Google Map)
Tsukji Market is a traditional wholesale market selling mainly seafood since 1935, and actually the market has been relocated to a new location! BUT, the eateries are still located in the old outer market location! It was crowded with Japanese & Tourists in a weekday afternoon.

So much freshly cooked street seafood at every corner!

The grilled tuna looks amazing - it was on my kiv list and I can't relocate it after that. Maybe next trip!

But I got this 100 yen (Tamagoyaki) egg roll!!! It was so delicious and totally worth the price. 
Marutakehttps://www.tsukiji-marutake.com/;
4 Chome-10-10 Tsukiji, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan (Google Map)

Settled lunch in a small cramp Japanese shop!
Tsukiji Kannohttp://www.tsukiji-kanno.com/jp/;
4 Chome-9-5 Tsukiji, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan (Google Map)

They have an intensive range of seafood rice bowls!

I ordered the rice bowl which mentions female portion - probably it is smaller than the regular ones. Which is good for me cause I can't take too much raw food. No words can express the freshness of the seafood~

 BONUS - Tsukiji Hongwanji!

It is a super old Buddhist temple, opened at 1617, located near Tsukiji Outer Market!
Tsukiji Hongwanjihttps://tsukijihongwanji.jp/;
3 Chome-15-1 Tsukiji, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan (Google Map)


It is rare to find a huge Buddhist temple in city places, and lucky me, they were having a pipe organ concert during lunch! This concert only happens on the last Friday of every month, running for half an hour between 12:20 and 12:50pm. As no photography / videography is allowed, I can only show this angle of the main hall (the main hall was huge filled with people). Impressive music filled the whole hall, loved the session.

This marks my short tour around Tsukji!

Comments

Trending Posts