[TW; 2018] Solo Series | Cijin Island

Cijin Island

This is my third visit to Cijin Island, why is this so? Because I never went up to the lighthouse before! So this trip is to mark a tick on my wishlist.

Firstly you have to take a metro to Sizihwan Station (西子灣站) and walk for 10-15mins to find the ferry pier. It is superb easy to navigate to the pier, just follow the signs, crowds and etc. Along the way there are plenty of food options, and I decided to get myself some treats.

Tribbiani Cafe 脆阿尼咖啡

Tribbiani Cafe 脆阿尼咖啡https://www.facebook.com/Tribbiani.Cafe/
No. 79, Binhai 1st Road, Gushan District, Kaohsiung City


According to review they serves nice cakes so I ordered a cheese fan (when I'm not a fan of it).
Verdict: Maybe? A great place to stop over and have a break. They serve decent food but not to the extent of must-go.

Let's go Cijin Island!


Upon reached the island, just look out for signs to the Lighthouse, it is walkable distance.

After a 10 mins climb up the slope, ta-da!

You can attempt to swing your legs at the edges!

The lighthouse is another 10mins climb or so.

The lighthouse was rather crowded with exchange students, so I decided to head back to the fort and get a good spot for the sunset.

I cant help it but to take a photo of this random guy, the angle & view was just right. (if you are guy in photo, please DM for the high resolution)

It was rather cloudy.

I decided to head down to the tunnel, hoping to get a better view. On the way down, another random guy on the bridge made this photo perfect I feel.

A Taiwanese approached me at the end of the tunnel to take photos for her, like a series of them. After that she ditched me, leaving me with a group of random guy foreigners trying to welfie with me in live video, scary -.-

Managed to make my way to the market over there that sells dried food, so bought packets of fish flosses!

There are plenty of food options along the stretch back to the pier.

Spotted this eggy food that looks interesting.
Egg with prawns! It tasted really interesting, if they have other outlets in Kaohsiung it will be great!

Will I return to Cijin Island again? Maybe not in my next trip to Kaohsiung, but this place is definitely worth exploring.

Comments

Trending Posts