[AU; 2022] Hobart City, Tasmania - Markets

 
If you are popping by Horbart in the weekends - don't miss the local markets and grab some nice food and souvenirs.


Salamanca Market

Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
Every Saturday,  Opens 8:30AM
I came before 8.30am and 80% of the stalls are up and ready! It was a nice walk strolling down the street and looking at the different items on sales. Trying my best not to burn a hole in my pocket ;)


This market mainly targets non-hobart visitors, so more gifts options available here (buy them here as other markets will not have them). You may also catch a sunrise from far, it has a great morning view!

Don't you think the tents looks cute with the low rise buildings at the background?

I tried my best not to buy anything (not only my pocket but also my luggage was exceeding the weight limit), but I cannot help to buy a Tasmanian devil home. It is cheaper over here compared to the airport!

Farm Gate Market

104 Bathurst St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Every Sunday, Opens 8:30AM
I came to the market before 8.30am too, and most of the stalls are ready! But they had a strict rule that stalls were not allowed to sell anything before 8.30am. Some of the popular stalls had long queues and everyone was waiting for the 8.30am bell.

I would say this market is more for the locals, where they sell fresh produces, a little different from Salamanca Market.

This Trophy Doughnuts was the most popular staff in the market - too bad the doughnuts have a lot of icing and cream which won't be nice to bring along for a flight (was flying out in a few hours time).

But if you're hungry before 8.30am, there was a small alley/section (which probably was not restricted by the 8.30 rule) that sells breakfast and drinks.

I grabbed some hot chocolate from here:

Of course, everywhere in hobart had a nice morning view :)

Hope you enjoy Hobart City's local market as much as I do!

Comments

Trending Posts