[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Pre-departure

19 days - Solo Backpack Graduate Travel Trip around Taiwan

By the time this post is up, I should be on my way to Taiwan for 19days.

Backpacking is what I wanted to do since a few years back but I can't find the right opportunity to "announce" this idea to my family.
So using early graduate as a reason, (I don't have friends graduating at the same time as me), I manage to convince and get my golden pass to try backpacking!
I know my family is super worried about my backpack trip more than me, but aiya.
I dearly remembered, right after I booked my flight, I texted my friend "我覺得我好勇敢 I think I'm quite courageous".

I wanted to go Korea but it is too cold in March, so I decided to go back to Taiwan.

I have been reading many blogs on and off about backpacking in Taiwan and pinned down some interesting spots to go.
Although I booked my flight 2 months ahead, I only started planning 2 weeks before departure.
Then I realised backpacking is super difficult.
Finding hostel in not-so-tourist locations, transport issues between places and etc.

I wanted to try couch-surfing, (I even signed up an account), but the more I gave thoughts to it, the idea sounds awkward to stay in a stranger's house without paying anything and expecting hosts to treat you like a friend.
As my plans are rather rough and I will be city-hopping, so I can't promise the host that I can immerse into their family and give them my 100% passion.
So... I shall rsvp couch-surfing for my future trips.

Anyway, pretty excited for this trip as I will be covering almost all the cities in Taiwan!
And 19days alone in a foreign country is.. HAHAHAHA
I guess this will be the most unforgettable experience in my twenty odd life.
“人生並沒有那麼多危險,危險都是自己想像出來的”
"There aren't much dangers in life; it's all our imaginations"
I hope through this trip I can know myself better, and most importantly, find a job asap after that. (So I've income to fulfill my travel urges and thus I can maintain this travel blog)

Stay tune to my backpack trip to Taiwan, and if possible I will blog about pre-trip preparations like how I organise and plan my backpack trip, budget and expenses and etc.

I've no idea what will this backpack trip turn out to be...
But whoever reading this post, please wish me plenty of luck! (老天,不要下雨 Please don't rain!)

And if you're also considering about backpacking, please don't hesitate further. The more your hesitate, the more you will not step out and see the world.
有時候,一些事情需要衝動與勇氣!

Quote from The Amazing Race, "The World is waiting for you!"

[Backpack TW] Part 1 - Taipei Jiaoxi Toucheng Yilan
[Backpack TW] Part 2 - Chishang
[Backpack TW] Part 3 - Luye Sansiantai Fushan Shanyuan Taitung
[Backpack TW] Part 4 - Taitung City
[Backpack TW] Part 5 - Fangliao
[Backpack TW] Part 6 - Kaohsiung
[Backpack TW] Part 7 - Little Liuqiu
[Backpack TW] Part 8 - Yongkang Baoan Anping
[Backpack TW] Part 9 - Tainan Shennong Flower Night Market
[Backpack TW] Part 10 - Chikanlou Nankunshen Beimen Tainan
[Backpack TW] Part 11 - National Museum of Taiwan Literature | Tainan Confucian Temple | Baihe Township
[Backpack TW] Part 12 - Chiayi City
[Backpack TW] Part 13 - Changhua City | Fan-shaped Train Garage
[Backpack TW] Part 14 - Lukang
[Backpack TW] Part 15 - Taichung
[Backpack TW] Part 16 - Neiwan Line
[Backpack TW] Part 17 - Taipei; Dadaocheng Bitan
[Backpack TW] Part 18 - Taipei
[Backpack TW] Part 19 - Nanliao
[Backpack TW] Part 20 - Zhu Zi Hu | Houtong     
[Backpack TW] Part 21 - Taipei | Taoyuan Airport

Comments

  1. Lightweight backpack is packable and convenient for travel suitability. School, work or travel, these tourist backpack bags makes association easy. However, for city-hopping by train, plane, and bus, these travel backpacks fell little in the urban environment.

    travel backpack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts